Portland purple Panther pride!

Mr. Postman1

1 hour ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

Not making excusing just stating facts and also if youd gone to the game you would understand. We stopped portland with 39 seconds left and we muffed a punt that gave them the chance to kick the field goal. It was heading for OT. Our guy decided to be aggressive and take it back on the run like hed done all night long. It was a great game between a 2a and a 5a

Yeah we muffed a snap on a punt with 5 seconds left in the game putting them in fg range with 5 seconds remaining that put us out of the 2nd round of the playoffs last year. No excuses, they just beat us.....

People like to explain away losses, they say they are not making excuses and be like, I am only stating facts. I know I saw Portland up 28-14 at one point, could be mistaken.....

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Kevin38 said:

Yeah we muffed a snap on a punt with 5 seconds left in the game putting them in fg range with 5 seconds remaining that put us out of the 2nd round of the playoffs last year. No excuses, they just beat us.....

People like to explain away losses, they say they are not making excuses and be like, I am only stating facts. I know I saw Portland up 28-14 at one point, could be mistaken.....

Im not making excuses. im just telling you my take. You can watch the game on hudl if you want. Tell me what you think of the supposed roughing the kicker call after we blocked the punt in the second quarter if you happen to watch. It was an exciting game. Portland has 3 really good speedy backs. I dont know how they will fair this year. The season is early.

On 8/22/2021 at 12:07 AM, Mr. Postman1 said:

What If I  told you Westmoreland had 4 starters out and 5 after half because we lost a starting dline the entire second half. If you saw the game you would know Westmoreland kinda gave the game away through mistakes and also a questionable roughing the punter call that flipped momentum at a very important time in the middle of the second quarter. Lets just say we have been looking forward to the next couple of years here for a long time 

Not to mention one of them being a game changer... Kitrell would have made a difference on the defense side.

On 8/21/2021 at 6:08 PM, 13sports said:

Thought Portland would roll in this one.  They did get the win.  Maybe I put too much stock in scrimmage results.  However, It looks like the teams they scrimmaged all lost in week one.  Is Westmoreland better than anticipated or is Portland below average for a 5A team?

Portland is not very good