McKenzie vs Huntingdon

VOLnWTN

Well, it appears for the first time in a few moons, McKenzie is the favorite in this one.  However, in my opinion, the Mustangs aren't going to be as "down" as people may think.  This may come down to McKenzie's offense vs Huntingdon's defense.  McKenzie's offense returns most of it's weapons from last year where as the defense took some major hits.  Huntingdon on the other hand returns some monsters on the defensive line and I know by reading some post, their offense may not be up to Huntingdon standards.  

This could turnout to be a good one. 

What you guys think? I am going with the Rebels (shocker I know) at home.   

1 hour ago, VOLnWTN said:

Well, it appears for the first time in a few moons, McKenzie is the favorite in this one.  However, in my opinion, the Mustangs aren't going to be as "down" as people may think.  This may come down to McKenzie's offense vs Huntingdon's defense.  McKenzie's offense returns most of it's weapons from last year where as the defense took some major hits.  Huntingdon on the other hand returns some monsters on the defensive line and I know by reading some post, their offense may not be up to Huntingdon standards.  

This could turnout to be a good one. 

What you guys think? I am going with the Rebels (shocker I know) at home.   

Trying to make up my mind between coming to your game or LC/UC 

2 hours ago, MiddleAgedMustang said:

I still need to see my Mustangs play this Friday against Covington to really see where we are, but no doubt the Rebels are favored in this one. It will be hard to match McKenzie's speed, especially at the skill positions. Either way I'm excited to get this season underway. 

We have Lexington on Friday so we will get a good oil check. 

The Rebels have some work to do before the home opener.  Lost to Lexington 3 to 2.  Played well at times but I didn’t thing we were as crisp at other times.  Just by listening to coaches coach, there were some missed blocking assignments and not finishing a play.  We go to Westview this Friday.  Our depth at line is going to be an issue.  A couple of freshman lineman need to step up and show they can come in and play a few snaps under the lights.  

19 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

The Rebels have some work to do before the home opener.  Lost to Lexington 3 to 2.  Played well at times but I didn’t thing we were as crisp at other times.  Just by listening to coaches coach, there were some missed blocking assignments and not finishing a play.  We go to Westview this Friday.  Our depth at line is going to be an issue.  A couple of freshman lineman need to step up and show they can come in and play a few snaps under the lights.  

Isn’t Lexington a 4 A powerhouse most years !?