WEEK 1: Powell vs Anderson County

keepitmoving

1 minute ago, HTV said:

Still think Powell wins. But AC won't lay down. They never do. 

Well it was 1 quarter and a scrimmage. Powell was looking ahead to AC. AC better not use this as a benchmark. Just saying they technically are still the underdog. Between these two teams it comes down to who shows up Friday night. And probably who has the ball last. It's why we play the game. 

4 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Well it was 1 quarter and a scrimmage. Powell was looking ahead to AC. AC better not use this as a benchmark. Just saying they technically are still the underdog. Between these two teams it comes down to who shows up Friday night. And probably who has the ball last. It's why we play the game. 

Don't disagree at all. Like I have said before,  much respect for AC. They always come to play. 

Especially against Powell. 

Awesome and intense rivalry. 

Edited by HTV
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I felt like #5 was forcing throws in there, assuming his wideouts were just gunna make the catch, which I guess I understand. The run game will need to get a lot better too. Didn't seem like much of a threat.

I haven't seen AC at all but I think after seeing Powell last night, the Mavs should be able to hang better than what people think. Maybe not win, but keep it interesting.

Powell has too many stars and not enough team players. Egos are out of control. Coaches and players out of sync. Powell QB under throwing receivers. Starting receivers were dropping passes. Bearden offense had no first downs. Powell speed on defense was too much. Looked like Bearden defense was as fast as Powell starting receivers. A few of Powell two way players looked worn out playing 1 quarter. Walter Nolen is legit. My prediction is Anderson County punches Powell in the mouth early. I think Powell comes back and wins a close one

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TopTenn said:

Powell has too many stars and not enough team players. Egos are out of control. Coaches and players out of sync. Powell QB under throwing receivers. Starting receivers were dropping passes. Bearden offense had no first downs. Powell speed on defense was too much. Looked like Bearden defense was as fast as Powell starting receivers. A few of Powell two way players looked worn out playing 1 quarter. Walter Nolen is legit. My prediction is Anderson County punches Powell in the mouth early. I think Powell comes back and wins a close one

Powell by far played very sloppy last night.  I think coaches were trying to showcase WR's to UT.  It failed.  Powell didn't run anything close to there offense of system.  It was a srimmage.....no need to panic.  Powell ran there regular stuff vs Farragut on Tuesday, and lit them up.  Powell will be fine.  A/C game will be close one regardless. 

11 hours ago, Swipes said:

I’m assuming he is talking about Bearden forcing 2int’s and scoring against Powell 7-0 in one Quarter of work.  Held them out on a Goal line stand on the last play of the Quarter.  

The 2 INT'S were not "really INT'S"  The first one hit the receiver in stride and in the hands and he dropped it and it was picked.  Not QB fault.  Second INT was 4th and 25 and he threw it up in the endzone to see if WR could make a play.  Hard to really count those as INT's.  Rules are rules though.  

20 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

The 2 INT'S were not "really INT'S"  The first one hit the receiver in stride and in the hands and he dropped it and it was picked.  Not QB fault.  Second INT was 4th and 25 and he threw it up in the endzone to see if WR could make a play.  Hard to really count those as INT's.  Rules are rules though.  

Not real Int's?  There is no such thing as a not real Int, did the other team not get possession?  I didn't even mention it was the QB's fault. Didn't Bearden force them into being 4th and 25 in the first place for them to even have to throw one up in the end zone? Stop making excuses for sloppy play.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Not real Int's?  There is no such thing as a not real Int, did the other team not get possession?  I didn't even mention it was the QB's fault. Didn't Bearden force them into being 4th and 25 in the first place for them to even have to throw one up in the end zone? Stop making excuses for sloppy play.

The first interception was a pass that hit receiver in both hands in stride (error on receiver- but unfortunately the QB gets the stat).  It looked like the receiver was trying to beat the ball up. Definitely a good performance by Bearden defense though.  They are well coached.

• Like 1