WEEK 1: Powell vs Anderson County

keepitmoving

On 8/14/2021 at 2:34 PM, Tadvols said:

Powell QB tries to make too many impossible throws  .. forces alot ...should have had 2 other passes picked .. I see that one of the WR's that was caught with the drugs played and one was hurt ..  can't believe no consequences for getting caught .. WINNING is most important thing to Powell  .. from what I saw.. AC could win  ... like I said Powell not very well coached .. they have a middle school coach calling plays .. and QB does what he wants .. and they got some little ball headed coach running up and down sideline like a rooster  .. looks like he got little man syndrome  .. he is wild  .. anyway  . I'm saying AC keeps close .. without the WR's that should be kicked off id say AC for sure but looks like they gonna let them play  .. Vols should be careful with those 2 .

I agree on Potts trying to make too much happen. Live and die by the window he tries to throw in. As far as the other issue, looks as if you're going to ride this one all year. Unless you have information of first hand knowledge you have no idea if it was handled or if what is being said here is accurate. Only ones that know are the ones involved,  administrators and Knox. Co.  I don't know if what is being said here is true or not, but what I do know married to someone within the school system is that once kids (students or athletes) are turned over to the principle it is all speculation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I'm sure you know everything possible to be known about the All-Star from the 2-7 team he came from. The positive thing on that issue is if your good they'll find you. One of the negatives a coach in the area said they don't pay me enough money for all the distractions that will come with all of this. The situation I compared it to something that happened at Maryville, yes that's right at Maryville. I realize a coach knows kids do make mistakes and the punishment here was a year off the team and work yourself back. I know being seniors I take it wouldn't work out that way. One coach that wouldn't take it is Rankin. He sent one home three years ago and back when Cobb was at Alcoa there was a kid that was a can't miss db and Rankin threw him off as well because he was smart enough to rid himself of more problems to come. When I'm comparing situations that I have seen at my own school I'm not finger pointing but bringing light what has happened and how lives were destroyed when corrections should of been made. Sometimes we need to forget about wins and losses because the worse loss is turning a blind eye and eventually watching a situation happen like Aaron Douglas. Has nothing to do with Powell but be aware of letting something slide which I've seen with my own eyes.

Funny you mentioned Rankin who I respect as a coach and what he has accomplished on the field. But lets not forget he also allowed for Juicy Locke to influence his program while Eric was there. Live and learn maybe but Rankin isn't without his past issues. 

2 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

HA! Hit Barney right between the eyes! :lol: 

Marvul peps think They are the only ones that can bring in top recruits.:thumb:

This wasn't about Maryville.  Everybody on this forum knows the respect I have for that community, school, and football program. 

It was about an assumption that the kid is running the show.  That's just not true.  

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Serious question. If you know illegal things (your words) are going on at certain schools why have you not turned them in to the tssaa??

Let him have his fun.  He's on ignore and the only time I see anything he posts is when it's been quoted like you did.  All I can do at this point is laugh at him.  

But fun or no, he's wrong about this one, too, and all he can do is point fingers and make accusations without offering one bit of reasonable, not to mention factual, proof.  

But he's a ball boy/equipment guy/uniform washer or something to that effect, so he knows all about everything.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

Glad folks are taking a SCRIMMAGE as the gospel.  Love it.  lol  

Not taking it as "gospel".  

But the person who told me that has a son that plays for Powell and coached high school football in this area for a long time and isn't the kind of guy who candy coats reality.  

So, was that report wrong?  Can't just move the ball between the 10s.  Got to punch it in when you get inside the 10, as well.  

Point was that there is still work to do.  Bearden is not a good football team.  

And an edit:

So, it's just a scrimmage, right? 

Funny that there was major crowing going on after Powell rolled Farragut in a scrimmage, yet a less than impressive showing against Bearden was "just a scrimmage"?  

That's having one's cake and eating it, too. 

Guess I have done my job here on being objective.  In the last 24 hours I have seemed to piss off Powell, Fulton, Central, Maryville, and who knows else's supporters.  

If I haven't gotten to you yet, don't fret.  The day is still young.  I'll probably get around to you eventually.  

Edited by HTV
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, HTV said:

Not taking it as "gospel".  

But the person who told me that has a son that plays for Powell and coached high school football in this area for a long time and isn't the kind of guy who candy coats reality.  

So, was that report wrong?  Can't just move the ball between the 10s.  Got to punch it in when you get inside the 10, as well.  

Point was that there is still work to do.  Bearden is not a good football team.  

And an edit:

So, it's just a scrimmage, right? 

Funny that there was major crowing going on after Powell rolled Farragut in a scrimmage, yet a less than impressive showing against Bearden was "just a scrimmage"?  

That's having one's cake and eating it, too. 

Guess I have done my job here on being objective.  In the last 24 hours I have seemed to piss off Powell, Fulton, Central, Maryville, and who knows else's supporters.  

If I haven't gotten to you yet, don't fret.  The day is still young.  I'll probably get around to you eventually.  

Lol.  It/s all good.  The game will be a good one.  Looking forward to it.  You can never get 2 high off scrimmages or to low.  I know Powell did not show much at Neyland in terms of scheme.  Even lookin back at last year, Powell always struggles in the red zone.  It's because they run out of field lol and the coaches bump there heads on play calling.  It is almost like they run wide open between the 20's and then they try to get the RB stats and TD'S and it never works.  Powell set the world record last year for going for it on 4th downs.  Crazy!  Basically 98% of Powell TD come outside the redzone.  Never seen anything like that.  

2 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

You keep thinking that! Homegrown is  13 streets. Only thing Alcoa needs to worry about is murvul always trying to recruit that area! Fact.

Just saw in the paper Alcoa approved it's 4th Liquor Store. Is that where you all run to after the game with Maryville, especially last year.

Edited by BarneySox2007

3 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

HA! Hit Barney right between the eyes! :lol: 

Marvul peps think They are the only ones that can bring in top recruits.:thumb:

I come back two weeks later and you are still eat up with Maryville as they continue to live rent free in that noggin.

Be careful Barney - this guy is really smart..:lol::roflol: 

A couple of days ago I heard a couple of 6 year old kids using the words peps and peeps. :thumb:

22 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

Lol.  It/s all good.  The game will be a good one.  Looking forward to it.  You can never get 2 high off scrimmages or to low.  I know Powell did not show much at Neyland in terms of scheme.  Even lookin back at last year, Powell always struggles in the red zone.  It's because they run out of field lol and the coaches bump there heads on play calling.  It is almost like they run wide open between the 20's and then they try to get the RB stats and TD'S and it never works.  Powell set the world record last year for going for it on 4th downs.  Crazy!  Basically 98% of Powell TD come outside the redzone.  Never seen anything like that.  

From what I saw at Farragut scoring inside the 10 came easy...kick a short pass outside, run a draw because you defenses a spread out trying to put a jersey on a WR or Foust. 

• Like 1