Greenbrier @ Springfield week 1

Kevin38

Little off on my prediction of a tight game. Lol. Jacket defense pretty much shut the Greenbrier offense down with their two D1 prospects being a non-factor, the Bobcats I believe only finished with five first downs, not bad for our “not impressed “ defense by the lone Bobcat poster on this thread and the Jacket offense didn’t get two touchdowns, they got five and not impressed “back ups” defense got one on a pick six for the sixth touchdown. Great game Jackets ! and hats off to Greenbrier for great sportsmanship in this game and good luck the rest of the season, I’ll  be pulling for you guys and go get BDP next week. GO JACKETS !

Edited by LEON
Miss spell

I guess you can thump your chest for another year. 

Actually, I am not surprised.  I knew that if Greenbrier did not spread the field it would be a long night.  Throw in penalties, dropped passes, and turnovers and you got a recipe for a lopsided game.  Not to mention horrible field position.  I think we had a couple of 5-10 yard punts. 

Springfield QB and #83 were hard to stop on the ground.  Not much of a passing game, but why pass when you can get yards on the ground.   Springfield kicker is legit.  Not sure that those three are gonna get you far in 5A,   Not sure who #44 was for Springfield, but I would get him the ball more on offense, and lighten the load for Devon. 

Short roster and Ironman football was not a good recipe for Greenbrier in that heat last night, but the atmosphere was nice for an opening game amid all this pandemic stuff.  Good luck the rest of the season!

21 minutes ago, LEON said:

Little off on my prediction of a tight game. Lol. Jacket defense pretty much shut the Greenbrier offense down with their two D1 prospects being a non-factor, the Bobcats I believe only finished with five first downs, not bad for our “not impressed “ defense by the lone Bobcat poster on this thread and the Jacket offense didn’t get two touchdowns, they got five and not impressed “back ups” defense got one on a pick six for the sixth touchdown. Great game Jackets ! and hats off to Greenbrier for great sportsmanship in this game and good luck the rest of the season, I’ll  be pulling for you guys and go get BDP next week. GO JACKETS !

Well done summation as always @LEON

1 hour ago, ogor said:

Actually, I am not surprised.  I knew that if Greenbrier did not spread the field it would be a long night.  Throw in penalties, dropped passes, and turnovers and you got a recipe for a lopsided game.  Not to mention horrible field position.  I think we had a couple of 5-10 yard punts. 

Springfield QB and #83 were hard to stop on the ground.  Not much of a passing game, but why pass when you can get yards on the ground.   Springfield kicker is legit.  Not sure that those three are gonna get you far in 5A,   Not sure who #44 was for Springfield, but I would get him the ball more on offense, and lighten the load for Devon. 

Short roster and Ironman football was not a good recipe for Greenbrier in that heat last night, but the atmosphere was nice for an opening game amid all this pandemic stuff.  Good luck the rest of the season!

All good points on the game , always first games are hard to predict. Jackets run game will get better #11 the starter the last did not play and our best wideout #2 were out with injury , hopefully they will be available in upcoming games. #9 running back is just a freshman and in time will be a good one (his last name) is all Iongtime Jackets fans need to know about what potential he will have. Good luck rest of the season and if one thing Jacket fans agree on with Bobcat fans is our distaste of BDP. Go get em!

I'll be the lone dissenter and not pile on more, I actually thought Greenbrier played pretty well in the first half especially on defense.  But if your going 3 and out every series your D gets tired, and the Jackets wore them down. 

The problem is their region is gonna be tough. I actually think Springfield has an easier region outside HC and NE.

11 minutes ago, DANR said:

I'll be the lone dissenter and not pile on more, I actually thought Greenbrier played pretty well in the first half especially on defense.  But if your going 3 and out every series your D gets tired, and the Jackets wore them down. 

The problem is their region is gonna be tough. I actually think Springfield has an easier region outside HC and NE.

1 hour ago, LEON said:

All good points on the game , always first games are hard to predict. Jackets run game will get better #11 the starter the last did not play and our best wideout #2 were out with injury , hopefully they will be available in upcoming games. #9 running back is just a freshman and in time will be a good one (his last name) is all Iongtime Jackets fans need to know about what potential he will have. Good luck rest of the season and if one thing Jacket fans agree on with Bobcat fans is our distaste of BDP. Go get em!

2 hours ago, ogor said:

I didn’t mean to pile on.  I truly hope the Bobcats win the rest of their games and finish 9-1.  It starts next week at BDP 

3 hours ago, ogor said:

I am with everyone else, I am pulling for you guys the rest of the way and hope you take down WH next week. I still feel you guys can be competitive in your region. I feel like it is Pearl Cohn and then the rest are step below. Good luck the rest of the way! 

2 hours ago, Kevin38 said:

I am with everyone else, I am pulling for you guys the rest of the way and hope you take down WH next week. I still feel you guys can be competitive in your region. I feel like it is Pearl Cohn and then the rest are step below. Good luck the rest of the way! 

Marshall County is pretty tough. they handled us the past two years 

Edited by TheCommissioner

4 hours ago, TheCommissioner said:

Marshall County is pretty tough. they handled us the past two years 

I full well know how good MC, Tullahoma, and the rest of that region is, I stand by what I said, I believe Greenbrier can compete with any of those teams outside of Pearl Cohn, I may be wrong but I meant it all the same.....lol

2 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

I full well know how good MC, Tullahoma, and the rest of that region is, I stand by what I said, I believe Greenbrier can compete with any of those teams outside of Pearl Cohn, I may be wrong but I meant it all the same.....lol

Don’t want to be that guy, but like I said previously… they’re not very good.