Meigs County @ Sweetwater 8-20-21

Yeti

8 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

I thought Meigs would win, but not this convincingly.  Great start to the season.

Meigs out of the gate came to play. Huckaby took the opening kickoff to the house and with 11:51 remaining in the first quarter had our first touchdown of the evening. Our next score came from a pick 6. It was some time before our offense actually got their hands on the ball. Defensively we had a great game. We allowed very few rushing yards and had two to three interceptions for the game. Offensively We did well the first half and mixed up the run and pass with good success. The second half we played well but lacked some of the  intensity we did the first half of the game. Overall was a better showing than we would normally have against Sweetwater especially at their place. I look for us to improve alot this week as we normally have alot cleaned up after our first game. Great job Meigs County. Off to The Kings Academy.

Turns out the Zaddy's twins were overhyped. We were able to keep them in check all evening for the most part.

Edited by Yeti

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Yeti said:

Meigs out of the gate came to play. Huckaby took the opening kickoff to the house and with 11:51 remaining in the first quarter had our first touchdown of the evening. Our next score came from a pick 6. It was some time before our offense actually got their hands on the ball. Defensively we had a great game. We allowed very few rushing yards and had two to three interceptions for the game. Offensively We did well the first half and mixed up the run and pass with good success. The second half we played well but lacked some of the  intensity we did the first half of the game. Overall was a better showing than we would normally have against Sweetwater especially at their place. I look for us to improve alot this week as we normally have alot cleaned up after our first game. Great job Meigs County. Off to The Kings Academy.

Turns out the Zaddy's twins were overhyped. We were able to keep them in check all evening for the most part.

I couldn't tell who it was that made the block on Meigs side of the field (at about the 40 yard line) that freed Huckaby up to take it to the house, but that was TREMENDOUS!!!!

27 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

I couldn't tell who it was that made the block on Meigs side of the field (at about the 40 yard line) that freed Huckaby up to take it to the house, but that was TREMENDOUS!!!!

I recorded yesterday's game in 4k. I'd have to go back and look, but your right. Perfectly timed. 

57 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

He isn't from Marion.  Tyner also has the best defense in 2a according to themselves.  We are just gonna hope to fit in somewhere.

There is no team in region in 1-4 who should have a clear cut path. Tyner probably did have the best overall win between Meigs, Bledsoe, Marion, and Tyner according to Massey. Massey has Howard ranked well above any of those teams. But massey isn't 100 % accurate at this point as you know.  Best guess is Bledsoe has the best win of any of those regions to this point. 

Edited by Yeti

19 minutes ago, Yeti said:

There is no team in region in 1-4 who should have a clear cut path. Tyner probably did have the best overall win between Meigs, Bledsoe, Marion, and Tyner according to Massey. Massey has Howard ranked well above any of those teams. But massey isn't 100 % accurate at this point as you know.  Best guess is Bledsoe has the best win of any of those regions to this point. 

What Tyner poster said we had the best defense in 2A?  Not sure who or what Massey is but Howard shouldn't be ranked above hardly anyone from what I saw last night.  Tyner has MUCH work to do to be a decent team and make the playoffs.  Meigs, Marion, Bledsoe all had more impressive wins and Polk putting up 42 means  Tyner may have a battle on their hands to finish 4th.  The kids played hard and the defense will be the strength of the team but I am not sure if we have the 4th or 5th best defense in our region.  Go Rams - Let's get better and compete!