Meigs County @ Sweetwater 8-20-21

Yeti

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

Meigs makes a statement, 36-14

If we beat them by that many we are definitely on the right track. Sweetwater has quite a few good athletes. Until recently just lacked coaching. The coach they have now use to coach at Meigs a while back.

11 minutes ago, Yeti said:

If we beat them by that many we are definitely on the right track. Sweetwater has quite a few good athletes. Until recently just lacked coaching. The coach they have now use to coach at Meigs a while back.

you guys have one of if not the best 2A coach in Fitz, I doubt you guys will lose a game this year by being outcoached.  I may be way off, but I think you guys and marion will be on a collision course for that region title game. 

15 minutes ago, Yeti said:

My grandson played for Coach Martin at Meigs. His Senior season in 2006, they went 9-2.

3 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

you guys have one of if not the best 2A coach in Fitz, I doubt you guys will lose a game this year by being outcoached.  I may be way off, but I think you guys and marion will be on a collision course for that region title game. 

Totally agree with you about Coach Fitzgerald. If Meigs can develop some quality depth at running back, and the offensive line continues to improve as a unit, it could be another good season for them.  

13 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

I'd agree about our coach being one of the best in 2A. We are glad to have him and his assistants. 

10 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

My grandson played for Coach Martin at Meigs. His Senior season in 2006, they went 9-2.

He has definitely made Sweetwater better. Sweetwater is hindered by their region strength mostly. They are rarely a bad football team. Having Loudon and Redbank in your region would make a region title pretty hard to get every year considering those two teams are normally top 5 in 3A or so.

6 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Totally agree with you about Coach Fitzgerald. If Meigs can develop some quality depth at running back, and the offensive line continues to improve as a unit, it could be another good season for them.  

Our line has improved some after every scrimmage. They should be about what you would normally expect on the line for Meigs mid season. We have a few good backs this year Keys and Shaver have looked pretty good overall.

42 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Lol, I was at that game as a freshman. Sweetwater and the Upton kid was really good.

I was on the sideline. On a 3rd and about 8 late in the 4th sweetwater threw a pass for the first down. It was right in front of me. Receiver did not have control of the ball and hit the ground then pulled the ball in. Ref was not in position to see but ruled it a catch. Seeetwater went on to score and win the gold ball. 

6 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I was on the sideline. On a 3rd and about 8 late in the 4th sweetwater threw a pass for the first down. It was right in front of me. Receiver did not have control of the ball and hit the ground then pulled the ball in. Ref was not in position to see but ruled it a catch. Seeetwater went on to score and win the gold ball. 

Ouch lol. Jamie Upton that played for Sweetwater was a tremendous athlete. He played and won state in basketball if I'm not mistaken. They also had Aaron Green in basketball which was a great player.