Meigs County @ Sweetwater 8-20-21

Yeti

14 minutes ago, piratetom said:

Meigs will come out of the gate clicking on all cylinders.  35-13

That's what I'm hoping for Tom. How you think your team gonna do against the new head coach at Sequatchie? I'd imagine they will be improved some over last year.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Yeti said:

That's what I'm hoping for Tom. How you think your team gonna do against the new head coach at Sequatchie? I'd imagine they will be improved some over last year.

We will do fine if everyone is back and healthy. This is always a tough game for us to start the season and I expect this one to be the same. We did okay in the Jamboree but are still way behind where we need to be. This will definitely be an up and down season with our tough schedule. It would not surprise me for us to struggle some in a 28-20 type game, either way.

Edited by piratetom

4 hours ago, Yeti said:

I'd agree about our coach being one of the best in 2A. We are glad to have him and his assistants. 

He has definitely made Sweetwater better. Sweetwater is hindered by their region strength mostly. They are rarely a bad football team. Having Loudon and Redbank in your region would make a region title pretty hard to get every year considering those two teams are normally top 5 in 3A or so.

Our line has improved some after every scrimmage. They should be about what you would normally expect on the line for Meigs mid season. We have a few good backs this year Keys and Shaver have looked pretty good overall.

Sweetwater lost to signal mountian last year.  They may play in a tough region but they dont even win the ones that they should.

13 minutes ago, TheBest2018 said:

Sweetwater lost to signal mountian last year.  They may play in a tough region but they dont even win the ones that they should.

Definitely underperformed then that game. I would have thought Sweetwater to win that game handily. Their qb last year I thought was one of the best we saw on the opposing teams all year.

2 hours ago, biggest said:

We aren't sandbagging we're really slow. We lost a lot of athletes. Friday night could get ugly and I'm not kidding

Losing that coach will hurt them offensively. Still have the good rb, but I bet you have a chance of winning even if what you say is true.

1 hour ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I suspect Meigs to strike fast and early, then cruise to the end.  42-14

Would be a good start to the season:thumb: we rarely ever blow them out though. We are normally just happy to scrape by with a win and hope we for away injury free.

1 hour ago, rtl112 said:

Meigs by 27

your team gonna take care of business Friday sir?

23 hours ago, Yeti said:

Our line has improved some after every scrimmage. They should be about what you would normally expect on the line for Meigs mid season. We have a few good backs this year Keys and Shaver have looked pretty good overall.

From what I've been told the offensive line progress has been very good.  Replacing a Will Meadows is hard - if not impossible - to do.  Not only was he great, he was VERY durable.  Then having lost his probable replacement for the majority of this season, adds to the coach's work.  Ben Smith is as tough as a seasoned oak board, but I hope they don't have to depend on him a lot on offense. I like him fresh for defense where he's a nightmare for opposing teams' offenses. The running backs you mentioned have done a good job stepping up and with more reps they should only get better.  Thankful we have an awesome QB who can tote the rock and throw quite well - he's a warrior!

15 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

From what I've been told the offensive line progress has been very good.  Replacing a Will Meadows is hard - if not impossible - to do.  Not only was he great, he was VERY durable.  Then having lost his probable replacement for the majority of this season, adds to the coach's work.  Ben Smith is as tough as a seasoned oak board, but I hope they don't have to depend on him a lot on offense. I like him fresh for defense where he's a nightmare for opposing teams' offenses. The running backs you mentioned have done a good job stepping up and with more reps they should only get better.  Thankful we have an awesome QB who can tote the rock and throw quite well - he's a warrior!

Great post. Keys and Shaver looked great what little they used them in preseason. Ben is a nightmare waiting to happen on the field. One of the most respectful kids I've ever met on the sidelines to talk too also. I'll agree about Meadows especially in durability. Not sure I've seen a kid as tough as he was. Carroll is primed and ready for a great season and Cameron Huckaby looks to have a highlight reel year as well.