WEEK TWO - Oak Ridge vs Bearden

CardinalGrey

2 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

Never saw this coming…. OUCH!! Maybe I’m wrong this year….. When was the last time that Clinton was 2-0 and OR 0-2 going into a matchup???

Heck, when was the last time Clinton was 2-0 and both AC and OR were 0-2??

Loooong time, my friend. The Ridge is a juggernaut though, we’ll be ‘ight, right? When we gonna put dat Gaddis statue up?

Edited by SweetScience

17 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Tarwater was literally running for his life all night long. I honestly felt bad for the kid. How can you not sustain a block for a second, at least? Bearden was running wild through that line all night. You’d have thought we were playing the ‘85 Bears. Seriously. I’ve never seen anything like it. 

Your 100% right and we had no plan for it.Most of us seen this coming from a mile away after years of bad oline play and what we seen last week.Play calling is not the biggest problem but it took them until final drive to start calling plays to combat the pass rush.We have got to change to a change blocking scheme and or blockers now.

2 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Your 100% right and we had no plan for it.Most of us seen this coming from a mile away after years of bad oline play and what we seen last week.Play calling is not the biggest problem but it took them until final drive to start calling plays to combat the pass rush.We have got to change to a change blocking scheme and or blockers now.

Yeah, they did fairly well that last drive, shockingly. It’s just so darn disappointing to waste the athletic talent we have what seems to be every single year with the mediocrity we have on the line. Honestly, they weren’t much better last year as far as run blocking goes. I just don’t have much confidence at all that it’ll get better this season. As tough as I am on them though, I’m pulling for ‘em to get better though. Man, I just don’t see much hope though.

• Like 1

Just now, SweetScience said:

Yeah, they did fairly well that last drive, shockingly. It’s just so darn disappointing to waste the athletic talent we have what seems to be every single year with the mediocrity we have on the line. Honestly, they weren’t much better last year as far as run blocking goes. I just don’t have much confidence at all that it’ll get better this season. As tough as I am on them though, I’m pulling for ‘em to get better though. Man, I just don’t see much hope though.

They was just a bad oline last yr compared to as bad as a Oline can be this yr.Im with you it is a shame to see how much talent at skill positions we have and waste because we cant block.Gaddis has to figure something out it just pisses me off that we dont use the off season to do that but instead wait until the season and it never gets fixed.Our problems always stem from wasted off seasons and people not going extra mile to be what we can and have been in past.Last yr was great but at same time its sad that teams better than last yr fell short because we couldnt block.Tee ,J.Graham,C.Martin,K.Pendegrass,J.Mitchell,H.Booker,J.Stewart and many more great skill guys who played great but couldve done so much more with any kind of a Oline

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

I can't believe what we just witnessed.  Lose to Bearden at home?  Weren't they 1-9 last year and didn't score last week?  What are we doing?

What a night.Deal with watching that hot mess while dealing with BC and bagman and their commentary.My brain hurts trying to process what I just seen and heard

Edited by NoleNation3

10 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

They was just a bad oline last yr compared to as bad as a Oline can be this yr.Im with you it is a shame to see how much talent at skill positions we have and waste because we cant block.Gaddis has to figure something out it just pisses me off that we dont use the off season to do that but instead wait until the season and it never gets fixed.Our problems always stem from wasted off seasons and people not going extra mile to be what we can and have been in past.Last yr was great but at same time its sad that teams better than last yr fell short because we couldnt block.Tee ,J.Graham,C.Martin,K.Pendegrass,J.Mitchell,H.Booker,J.Stewart and many more great skill guys who played great but couldve done so much more with any kind of a Oline

All I know is that something drastic needs to be done at Oak Ridge with our strength and conditioning program. There needs to be a lot more accountability taking place. Somebody needs to step up and be like…..If you aren’t putting in the work, then your butt will be riding the pine. As far as I’m concerned, that’s all on the coaching staff. This day and age with all of the external pressure kids face to not put their nose to the grindstone, they need to be pushed to go that extra mile. But it just doesn’t seem like that’s happening. Maybe I’m wrong, but we just look extremely WEAK. Maybe it’s just the scheme, I don’t know. Whatever it is though, changes need to be made.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, NoleNation3 said:

What a night.Deal with watching that hot mess while dealing with BC and bagman and their commentary.My brain hurts trying to process what I just seen and heard

Oh man, you are way too nice putting up with 'em.  My IQ dropped just hearing  Walmart Bag Guy run his mouth, and BC jr!  At one point, Walmart Bag Guy said that he was a "football expert".  

Edited by oridgecat

7 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Oh man, you are way too nice putting up with 'em.  My IQ dropped just hearing  Walmart Bag Guy run his mouth, and BC jr!  At one point, Walmart Bag Guy said that he was a "football expert".  

Lol. When he was leaving the game he said; "We play Clinton next week. they haven't had a good team in 50 years." He must have been asleep in 1992, 1998, 2008 and '09, and a few years in between.

8 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Lol. When he was leaving the game he said; "We play Clinton next week. they haven't had a good team in 50 years." He must have been asleep in 1992, 1998, 2008 and '09, and a few years in between.

What do you expect? He's homeless.  It's a long walk to the stadium. But what do I know, I'm a South Doyle fan in disguise.

I'm about to watch the replay of tonight on local channel 12.  I'm a glutten

Edited by oridgecat