South Pittsburg vs Chattanooga Christian (Jones man against this Mariakis man)

Roy Dillard

I’m very excited to see our boys rise to the occasion at CCS.  Remember guys, our expectations at SP is to win every game no matter who stands on the opposite side of the field. We will fight to the final whistle sounds. Regardless of what the scoreboard says, we leave the field with our heads held high. CJ will have us prepared, trust the process, trust the direction, trust the team! Go Pirates!

Edited by piratetom
  • Upvote 1

Chris is one of my best friends and I'm sure he wasn't well pleased from the game last Friday. If we play like we are suppose to yes we can win, but if we have a repeat of what we did against Seq, well just wait and see what happens.  CCS is not Seq, . I'm one of the biggest SP supporters on here, but I also am very tough on them. I love my school so anyone that says different you know who I am and come see me and we'll talk about it. 

1 hour ago, Geno said:

Some of you People arnt happy unless we are beating the Grundy County's of the State by 60. I swear some of you People would rather win 14 Games and lose the State Championship than lose 3 in regular season but Win the State Championship! Get your head out of your @$$es!! We are South Pittsburg!!! We dont get beat until the final Buzzer sounds!!! Now we have a World Champion Coach and all I see is doubt! From what? 1 dang Game? You guys do realize we WON right? Our Pirate Boys see this crap and then respond by hanging their heads!  Why even practice? Why should we even go to CCS? I tell you why! Because we are BYGAWD South Pittsburg Pirates!! And NO Team no matter what class they are in will ever scare us!!! WE ARE NEVER SCARED!

some of you fans should get you a shirt that says scared on the front and Quitter on the back! Just sayin! NOW STRAIGHTEN UP!!

Geno you are right. That sportsman man said our boys would get beat by at least 14.  If they read this mess they might not even get on that Jones mans bus.  You think im joking but im not.

We will hold our own. Mccallie is Mccallie but they showed some defensove weakness.. That being said Mccallie couldnt run the Ball... We run a whole different Scheme that either of this Teams

If South Pittsburg can limit mistakes I have NO doubt we can Win this Game..i really believe we suprise People Friday night. Maybe even suprise a few Spitt Fan posers.. Just sayin

29 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

Geno you are right. That sportsman man said our boys would get beat by at least 14.  If they read this mess they might not even get on that Jones mans bus.  You think im joking but im not.

Old Pirate would not want to go into fued with a nary one. Some fellers easily skeerd.

Listen guys, I’m not writing us off.  I’m just being real.  If play like we did in the first quarter of the SC game, this CC team will score more than 7.  They can run and throw like us, but their line play is more experienced.  I think we can win, but we have to get the snap better, and we need to keep the pace going the whole game to hopefully wear them down by the 4th quarter then we can kick it in and pull out the win.  If you don’t think it will be a very tough game then you don’t know anything about Chatt Christian.  

16 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Listen guys, I’m not writing us off.  I’m just being real.  If play like we did in the first quarter of the SC game, this CC team will score more than 7.  They can run and throw like us, but their line play is more experienced.  I think we can win, but we have to get the snap better, and we need to keep the pace going the whole game to hopefully wear them down by the 4th quarter then we can kick it in and pull out the win.  If you don’t think it will be a very tough game then you don’t know anything about Chatt Christian.  

Good post Mike. Maybe I should have worded my post more like yours. I was going on to like we were down inside the 20 four times and came away with 10 points? Can't do that against a good team. 

On 8/21/2021 at 9:13 AM, sportman said:

If we play mistake free and get the center position fixed this week I say we can stay within 14 points of them. If this is a repeat of the comedy hour at Dunlap, well,  Mercy rule in first half.  I think we were pass first and run second last night for the first half and then we basically went into a run situation with our talented backs and they showed what there capable of. I'd say Coach Jones will have a Revival with the whole team and he will get it fixed. We were basically playing some CFL rules last night on our end. After the center we basically had two downs to get a first down, because out of three snaps one was going to roll back there for sure and get us killed. Just hope our kicker can shake it off because I could tell he just wasn't in the game like he should have been. But, I did see some bright spots, not many, but a few. Effort was there and we have to get some player's back on the field and there just plain going to have to get tougher. My grade for last nights game, C-. 

Sportsman I looked back and found this mess.  You said if our boys play mistake free they can stay within 14 points.  I even got Wendy to double check me.  You think im joking but im not.

I’ll say it again, CCS players said right in front of me at the jamboree that we were an “easy money” game and only 28 could play for them. Our skill guys can play with most, let’s hope the trenches improve.  A win like this would be a huge statement.

Edited by powerp