Tha mightee Panthurs come two 825

STARSNBARS

On 8/27/2021 at 2:48 PM, osunut2 said:

That was actually one of the more disciplined games that Powell has played, believe it or not. Aside from the two Redmond penalties in the first half (which were both costly), they didn't turn it over at all, Potts didn't make any bone-headed plays, and they only had one other personal foul/unsportsmanlike penalty (in the 4th quarter); most of the flags were "effort" penalties. Cleaning that stuff up would not have changed the final outcome. The final margin, maybe. Maryville just could not be stopped, in part because they are Maryville, but also because the Powell defense is just not very good.

Keep in mind, this is the same undersized Powell defense that got shredded all year last year. The only difference is Nolen at DT, and good offenses can script a game plan to take him out of 90% of the plays.

Everybody is stuck on Powell QB making mistakes.  The kid was a Mr. Football Semifinalist in his first year starting varsity!  If not for QB Powell doesn't win a game.  The defense is absolutely awful, and has been for 3 years.  Imagine the pressure the kid is under knowing that his offense has to score every time they touch the ball to win.  So of course he is going to take risks, he has to!  At some point the defense has to take accountability for how terrible they are, and stop pointing blame at the QB for every little thing.  He has played lights out to start the year, and I don't see him slowing down anytime soon.  Oh....did I mention that the defense has let up 100 points this year so far.....meanwhile the QB has played PERFECT so far.  So stop making comments about last year performance at times, and know that players grow from year to year.  It is a new year.  MOVE ON!

19 minutes ago, HTV said:

Been telling folks for a year now that Noah was going to blow up in to a legit big time prospect.  He's about there.  

HTV .....Noah looks like he's figgured out how two hit tha whole......Pluss he's gott that goodur vishun and annuvur geer when'st he hits tha opun feeled....jmo....:popcorneater:

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

Everybody is stuck on Powell QB making mistakes.  The kid was a Mr. Football Semifinalist in his first year starting varsity!  If not for QB Powell doesn't win a game.  The defense is absolutely awful, and has been for 3 years.  Imagine the pressure the kid is under knowing that his offense has to score every time they touch the ball to win.  So of course he is going to take risks, he has to!  At some point the defense has to take accountability for how terrible they are, and stop pointing blame at the QB for every little thing.  He has played lights out to start the year, and I don't see him slowing down anytime soon.  Oh....did I mention that the defense has let up 100 points this year so far.....meanwhile the QB has played PERFECT so far.  So stop making comments about last year performance at times, and know that players grow from year to year.  It is a new year.  MOVE ON!

While I think that Potts is a very good high school QB, let’s not act like he ain’t got them dudes around him. Is he the same QB if he is at William Blount or Campbell County?

15 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

I'm not sure where I've been "stuck" on Potts' mistakes. I simply pointed out the fact that Powell played a relatively clean, gaff-free game in response to someone who claimed that Powell played a typical sloppy, mistake-filled game. Potts has had a tremendous season so far, and he is an incredible talent. I'm not sure if you're his dad, or a close family member, but if something I said struck a nerve, that wasn't my intent.

If the attitude in the locker room right now is anything like what you're accusing me (and others) of, that is pretty telling. The defense has been flat-out terrible, but this team doesn't have a chance to galvanize or have any postseason success if they are constantly throwing each other under the bus.

6 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

While I think that Potts is a very good high school QB, let’s not act like he ain’t got them dudes around him. Is he the same QB if he is at William Blount or Campbell County?

Last I checked those WR don't throw to themselves.  lol  Also are those WR studs if they had a William Blount QB or Campbell County QB.  It goes both ways, they all compliment each other very well.