Tha mightee Panthurs come two 825

STARSNBARS

On 8/23/2021 at 4:21 PM, HTV said:

Sounds like a case of jealousy to me. 

If that coach has evidence, then he needs to pass it on.  There have been so many accusations leveled the last several years, yet it all seem to be baseless. 

But, if you want to believe that it's just a big conspiracy involving Powell, Knox County Schools brass, and TSSAA officials to let them get away with something like the other tinfoil hat wearers on this forum do, then so be it. 

Otherwise it appears to be nothing but sour grapes.  

But those who desire to can hate away, but I stand by what I said. 

And an edit: 

Still waiting to hear exactly how Powell is breaking the rules. 

Specifics, please. 

I'll hang up and listen for your answer off the air. 

I don't Matt Lowe personally but I've had it with all the passive aggressive accusations hurled at him. People on these boards act like the Dept of Justice should bust through his window and throw tear gas in the field house. It is not that serious. Powell does as good a job as any body to promote their program and that's why athletes want to go there. They have a flashy social media prescense and cool uniforms, that works far better than the imaginary schemes some people on these boards dream up out of thin air.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pinocchio007 said:

We all Knew the game would go down hill at some point due to Coach showed up with NO VISOR. :popcorneater:

Very undisciplined from the Start. Which IMO costed them the game. 

That was actually one of the more disciplined games that Powell has played, believe it or not. Aside from the two Redmond penalties in the first half (which were both costly), they didn't turn it over at all, Potts didn't make any bone-headed plays, and they only had one other personal foul/unsportsmanlike penalty (in the 4th quarter); most of the flags were "effort" penalties. Cleaning that stuff up would not have changed the final outcome. The final margin, maybe. Maryville just could not be stopped, in part because they are Maryville, but also because the Powell defense is just not very good.

Keep in mind, this is the same undersized Powell defense that got shredded all year last year. The only difference is Nolen at DT, and good offenses can script a game plan to take him out of 90% of the plays.

• Upvote 2

On 8/21/2021 at 1:04 PM, TornadoLeadRecruiter said:

Murval 45-28. 
after seeing AC score what they did I would not put it past Murval scoring  55/60 pts though

AC team compared to Murval. There is no comparison 

Sorry Powell Fans your team with all your D1 guys are not on the same level as the Red guys coaches and game Preparation

Yes I was close

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rebel1972 said:

People always think Maryville kids are not good enough athletes to compete. What people don’t get is if you don’t play assignment football at Maryville you don’t play. If you don’t block, if you don’t squeeze, or run your routes there are 80 other kids on the sidelines waiting to take your spot so they know how to play football. 

Murval Always has college level talent every yr. just not the stand out flashy guy because they all play as a team

Edited by TornadoLeadRecruiter
  • Like 1