WEEK 2: Powell @ Maryville

keepitmoving

Just now, rollnoles said:

Could you see what it would be like if you switch coaching staff. I bet it would they same but Powell winning this game by 28. One thing about Maryville they are a really well coached team and very disciplinary team. Was kind of surprised Powell didn’t have more unsportsmanlike penalties on them.

I would say Matt Lowe got on them pretty heavy after the first game. The jawing going into the end zone and the hit out of bounce was enough alone that set Maryville in pretty good position so I would have to give that one player my MVP for helping Maryville out. That one right there wouldn't fit in Maryville's system and would end up in our trash can for Gary Rankin to come by and pull out and take home to salvage. Kind of like Tammie's boy in the movie 4 th down and forever.

4 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I would say Matt Lowe got on them pretty heavy after the first game. The jawing going into the end zone and the hit out of bounce was enough alone that set Maryville in pretty good position so I would have to give that one player my MVP for helping Maryville out. That one right there wouldn't fit in Maryville's system and would end up in our trash can for Gary Rankin to come by and pull out and take home to salvage. Kind of like Tammie's boy in the movie 4 th down and forever.

Lol you may right and yea that was a big turn around in the game. You people don’t really like Rankin

17 minutes ago, rollnoles said:

Could you see what it would be like if you switch coaching staff. I bet it would the same but Powell winning this game by 28. One thing about Maryville they are a really well coached team and very disciplinary team. Was kind of surprised Powell didn’t have more unsportsmanlike penalties on them.

You never know, but probably. Pal looked a little haphazard on offense. I’m sure losing the RB probably hurt. Other than the first drive where they used 11 minutes and executed a timed passing game, most of the rest of the game seemed like a broken play. That stuff usually works when you have better athletes and everything else is equal - which brings us back to your point.

Alco and Pal would be a good matchup IMO.

2 minutes ago, strongx said:

You never know, but probably. Pal looked a little haphazard on offense. I’m sure losing the RB probably hurt. Other than the first drive where they used 11 minutes and executed a timed passing game, most of the rest of the game seemed like a broken play. That stuff usually works when you have better athletes and everything else is equal - which brings us back to your point.

Alco and Pal would be a good matchup IMO.

You saying Powell and Alcoa would be a good game

30 minutes ago, rollnoles said:

Could you see what it would be like if you switch coaching staff. I bet it would the same but Powell winning this game by 28. One thing about Maryville they are a really well coached team and very disciplinary team. Was kind of surprised Powell didn’t have more unsportsmanlike penalties on them.

IFL post. Our coaches aren’t going anywhere. Most suited up on Friday nights for the Red Rebels, same ones will retire from MCS. 

10 minutes ago, strongx said:

I think so. 

Not in no way. Alcoa is a very physical hard nose hitting football team. I went and watched them against Rhea County last week very impressed. They just have that dump in the road with Maryville ever team has one. Alcoa is one of the best small schools I have seen play.

Edited by rollnoles

42 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Actually I do like Rankin. It's just the fun of kidding each other. 

Hey BarneySox2007 was suppose to go  down and watch the Summit game tonight see two of there players but canceled for COVID. What is a good game local. West got a couple kids wouldn’t mind catching out.

13 minutes ago, rollnoles said:

Hey BarneySox2007 was suppose to go  down and watch the Summit game tonight see two of there players but canceled for COVID. What is a good game local. West got a couple kids wouldn’t mind catching out.

Come watch Fulton/Central…… it will be a much better game with much better athletes running around….

• Sad 1