WEEK 2: Powell @ Maryville

keepitmoving

2 hours ago, arshad221 said:

One thing about Maryville, when they get whipped one season they come back the next very hungry. Hopefully Oakland and Maryville meet again 

It will be the same as what happened last year in the semi. Powell’s biggest problem is coaching they ain’t got none.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

That’s concerning. Asking a lot by the offense to put up 51+ points to win games. 

Ask Mavs how that's worked out for his boys. Good luck trying to make a deep playoff run if you can't force at least one or two punts a game.

I know that AC and Maryville were obvious measuring stick games, but oddly enough, the Karns game next week might be even more important at this point simply because the defense needs to show a pulse (outside of Walter Nolen). Bishop is going to give those guys some real fits if they don't figure things out quickly.

I see Powell getting beat any Friday night. Powell coaching staff needs to stay home if that is the best they can do on making adjustments. The players could find a way to win. People can say what they want about Powell QB for being a sophomore pretty dang good player and has that no quit drive which is what you want. Nolan real deal but it does take 10 other guys to help out. A lot of arm tackling making Maryville running back look good. Maryville #2 running is a good looking back to like his drive. 

The game is over and played out just as I envisioned it. I said the loser would have 28 points and pretty much knew the big man everyone tuned into see wasn't in top shape yet and wouldn't be much of a factor unless you were stupid enough to run at him all night. Potts and Vaughn were both teams MVP's and were the week before also. The touchdown just before half with less than a minute to play was an example of what Maryville has been good at doing for years.  That drive was when Derek jumped all over 19 for not heading to the sideline but he made up for it the next play and you see were he went to once he caught it. The long run by the QB for a touchdown really caught everyone off guard but for most Maryville fans we've seen that play many times. Scoring just before halftime has broken many teams back over the last twenty years and we just seen another victim added to the list last night. Hopefully Matt Lowe can set down with one of his good players this week and say your touchdown was great but your actions during it cost us field position which opened the door of a Pandora's box along with the cheap hit out of bounce which opened it again. 

7 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

The game is over and played out just as I envisioned it. I said the loser would have 28 points and pretty much knew the big man everyone tuned into see wasn't in top shape yet and wouldn't be much of a factor unless you were stupid enough to run at him all night. Potts and Vaughn were both teams MVP's and were the week before also. The touchdown just before half with less than a minute to play was an example of what Maryville has been good at doing for years.  That drive was when Derek jumped all over 19 for not heading to the sideline but he made up for it the next play and you see were he went to once he caught it. The long run by the QB for a touchdown really caught everyone off guard but for most Maryville fans we've seen that play many times. Scoring just before halftime has broken many teams back over the last twenty years and we just seen another victim added to the list last night. Hopefully Matt Lowe can set down with one of his good players this week and say your touchdown was great but your actions during it cost us field position which opened the door of a Pandora's box along with the cheap hit out of bounce which opened it again. 

Could you see what it would be like if you switch coaching staff. I bet it would the same but Powell winning this game by 28. One thing about Maryville they are a really well coached team and very disciplinary team. Was kind of surprised Powell didn’t have more unsportsmanlike penalties on them.

Edited by rollnoles