Meigs County @ The Kings Academy 8-27-21

Yeti

10 hours ago, Sequatchie33 said:

Should be a good game at Kings.   Meigs working out the kinks and Kings has a massage OL and big time RB.  The game is at Kings so I’m thinking a push. Comes down to turnovers 

Sounds like they still have the stud RB. If so I’d expect a steady dose of him and he is a man for sure. They threw enough to keep you honest and would hit a deep ball for effect now and then but they wanted to hang their hat on their OL and RB. They threw plenty good enough that you couldn’t sell out in the run. That being said I think you’ll be fine. 

30 minutes ago, crow said:

Sounds like they still have the stud RB. If so I’d expect a steady dose of him and he is a man for sure. They threw enough to keep you honest and would hit a deep ball for effect now and then but they wanted to hang their hat on their OL and RB. They threw plenty good enough that you couldn’t sell out in the run. That being said I think you’ll be fine. 

Sounds like we will have our hands full and that's good. Win or lose its all about getting better this early on to get ready for the region. Will be good to see how our defense does against a good line and good rb.

13 hours ago, Yeti said:

Great post man. We are definitely good, but truthfully we have some issues that will need some adjustment before we are a legit contender. We have the talent but we are very green in an area or two and need some games under our belt. 

Truthful post!  This years' team isn't where last years' team was at this point, but the potential is there to be better each week.... which is what a coach looks for.  It's a process and Coach Fitzgerald is seasoned enough to know that.

12 hours ago, Yeti said:

Video is 4K but YouTube hasn't finished processing the HD version yet. But here's the SD veesion.

Great job!  Your video clearly shows Ben Smith as the blocker on the opening kickoff. I don't think that Sweetwater tackler was ready to get hammered so quickly. 
Love the play showing Meigs QB Carroll scrambling in the backfield and ending up with some big yardage.

20 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Great job!  Your video clearly shows Ben Smith as the blocker on the opening kickoff. I don't think that Sweetwater tackler was ready to get hammered so quickly. 
Love the play showing Meigs QB Carroll scrambling in the backfield and ending up with some big yardage.

Thanks, it's a bit different than doing it in the stands. The kids played hard Friday night and it showed.

1 minute ago, TCRadio said:

Just saw Donavan Stewart say this one is canceled 

Yeah, they are shutting the school system down. Football team has no cases or none traced and will resume Monday with the rest of the school system. Practice doesn't start back till Monday. I'm hearing Bledsoe may cancel as well not sure.