Honest opinions

Oldschool2021

9 minutes ago, Oldschool2021 said:

Does everyone honestly think we will get through a full season with the circumstances being alot worse than what they was last year? If not should we take the same approach the state of Kentucky did last year and allow seniors to repeat their senior year? Would love to hear everyone's thoughts. 

There is definitely a possibility of a repeat.   Several games have already been cancelled this Friday (8/27).     As far as allowing seniors to repeat, I wonder how many in KY really did that....   If I was a senior I wouldn't repeat unless I had an almost guarantee at going to a big time college on scholarship

17 minutes ago, Oldschool2021 said:

Does everyone honestly think we will get through a full season with the circumstances being alot worse than what they was last year? If not should we take the same approach the state of Kentucky did last year and allow seniors to repeat their senior year? Would love to hear everyone's thoughts. 

yes, I think it will bad if not worse.  The student/athletes should have the option to repeat if they desire 

Absolutely not. Its not fair to the kids that are moving up as underclassmen to become upperclassmen. Letting people come back creates a bottleneck with your new players. They would be taking someone's playing time. It doesn't matter what you do in this situation, someone gets screwed. It sucks no doubt, but kids need to learn that life isn't fair, and sometimes you just have to make the best of a bad situation.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OldTownRoad said:

Absolutely not. Its not fair to the kids that are moving up as underclassmen to become upperclassmen. Letting people come back creates a bottleneck with your new players. They would be taking someone's playing time. It doesn't matter what you do in this situation, someone gets screwed. It sucks no doubt, but kids need to learn that life isn't fair, and sometimes you just have to make the best of a bad situation.

Must have an underclassman. Agree to disagree though.

• Upvote 1

I love high school football, but on this question I have to look at the overall picture. We have to admit that, no matter how much we love sports, they are extra-curricular. That is, they are an extra that we make available. The main purpose is to educate the student and either prepare him to go to college, to take on some other form of higher education, or to enter the workforce.

IMHO, to allow a student to repeat a senior year because of a lost sports season is “letting the tail wag the dog”. I’m not an educator, but I will bet that those in that profession will agree with me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I love high school football, but on this question I have to look at the overall picture. We have to admit that, no matter how much we love sports, they are extra-curricular. That is, they are an extra that we make available. The main purpose is to educate the student and either prepare him to go to college, to take on some other form of higher education, or to enter the workforce.

IMHO, to allow a student to repeat a senior year because of a lost sports season is “letting the tail wag the dog”. I’m not an educator, but I will bet that those in that profession will agree with me.

I'm not in the profession, but wholeheartedly agree. The purpose of school is to educate and prepare kids to be adults, and while any sport is a great vehicle to teach life lessons and socialization, it's not to fulfill someone's dream of playing in the NBA or NFL. As far as being "worse" this season, I'll disagree with that also...the systems who responsibly protected their students, while still being as lenient as governments would allow last season managed to have a season. While all were affected some, and some were greatly, there was a championship weekend with gold balls won and lost. After a year to assess, and a more lax government, we have the opportunity to make football season happen again if we try.

• Like 1