Standout Brandon Conard transfers from Riverdale to Metro PCHS

Blaze45

While Riverdale has put together a good defense and seemed to have a productive offense, what will the loss of their Star running back do for their overall season? Does this make them more one dimensional , forcing Holcombe to pass a lot more ? Or is their enough depth at the running back position to keep ticking and not miss a lick? Should be an interesting 3 -4weeks, to tell.

Edited by Blaze45

• Blaze45 changed the title to Standout Brandon Conard transfers from Riverdale to Metro PCHS
16 minutes ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Why did he leave with the season already started? 

"While Details not given around Conard's leaving the program he did say " Me and my guys are just ready to get to work and hopefully play for a championship. ... more in the article attached by Cecil Joyce from DNJ T

SSAA football: MTSU commitment Brandon Connard now atPearl-Cohn (dnj.com)

While Conard did not play in the final scrimmage of the year or the season opener, that would seem to indicate a bit of a conflict. Riverdale seemed to play ok without him, but do they have the depth at #3 and 4 ?

Edited by Blaze45

23 minutes ago, CougarDadx2 said:

This rumor had floated across the radar two weeks ago. Supposedly  he had "shopped" MTCS, but rules would not allow the transfer. Only word I got from the rumor mill was that he had violated some team rules and was not seeing eye to eye with coaches. I don't believe it changes much for Riverdale.

With that being said......I'm sure TSSAA granted him instant eligibility.  Had it been a sincere reason to transfer, it would have been rebuffed by TSSAA.  I could be way off base, but it sounds like Riverdale is adhering to their policies and the said player is running from issues.  By all means, let's grant him eligibility.  I hope this not the case and it is a legitimate move to another school district and new home address.  I hope.

1 hour ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

I just read that he had already transferred from Oakland to Riverdale. So three schools ? 

This is absolute hearsay and rumor, I don't have any of it as fact. With that disclaimer - he was behind Jordan James RB at Oakland, move to Riverdale - split time with Marcus Lloyd, Lloyd appeared to be getting more of the load, time to go find another home. There are some Riverdale folks that float around hear on occasion - bet they can share some insight that might have a fact or two behind it.

3 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

"While Details not given around Conard's leaving the program he did say " Me and my guys are just ready to get to work and hopefully play for a championship. ... more in the article attached by Cecil Joyce from DNJ T

SSAA football: MTSU commitment Brandon Connard now atPearl-Cohn (dnj.com)

While Conard did not play in the final scrimmage of the year or the season opener, that would seem to indicate a bit of a conflict. Riverdale seemed to play ok without him, but do they have the depth at #3 and 4 ?

Sounds like NPA and Buck Fitzgerald is behind this.  But who knows

3 hours ago, ocac said:

With that being said......I'm sure TSSAA granted him instant eligibility.  Had it been a sincere reason to transfer, it would have been rebuffed by TSSAA.  I could be way off base, but it sounds like Riverdale is adhering to their policies and the said player is running from issues.  By all means, let's grant him eligibility.  I hope this not the case and it is a legitimate move to another school district and new home address.  I hope.

All he needs is a legitmate change of address.