Week 3 Region 6 3A Predictions

Undisputed

3 hours ago, Trollin said:

Will know more after this week but my top 4 are WH, Waverly, WHH, Fairview in no particular order. It will be a battle for those 4 spots. I do believe that Waverly “should” win out. Time will tell. Either way, hoping our Region beats Region 5, and I think they will. Would love to see Waverly WH rematch in Quarter Finals. 

I see this region going 3-1 in the first round of playoffs. Teams 1-3 will advance, I don’t think the 4 seed, no matter who it is, can get by East Nashville in round 1. I do think you will see a region 6 vs region 6 quarter final.

Edited by Poundtherock23
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

What happens if y’all beat WH and we beat y’all? Would WH still get the number 1 spot? My memory is fading from all the Aluminum I work around :-P

I'm not sure either. I do know they're is a set of tiebreakers for such occurrences. Seems like last year there was some concern about Covid cancellations having a bearing on tie breakers. Hopefully none of that matters. We're planning to just beat everyone in the region so we dont have to revert to tie breakers. :grin:

14 minutes ago, Swarm said:

I'm not sure either. I do know they're is a set of tiebreakers for such occurrences. Seems like last year there was some concern about Covid cancellations having a bearing on tie breakers. Hopefully none of that matters. We're planning to just beat everyone in the region so we dont have to revert to tie breakers. :grin:

That’s definitely a good strategy lol

45 minutes ago, Poundtherock23 said:

I see this region going 3-1 in the first round of playoffs. Teams 1-3 will advance, I don’t think the 4 seed, no matter who it is, can get by East Nashville in round 1. I do think you will see a region 6 vs region 6 quarter final.

I'm still very skeptical about writing off R5 personally. I definitely think R6 is way up in comparison to previous years as a whole. And I also think R5 is way down from recent years with PCs absence. IMO East and Stratford probably have all 4 playoff teams in region 6 outmanned when it comes to size and speed. Quite a few D1 players on those squads. Does anyone in R6 even have a D1 player? I'm not aware of any. 

Obviously theres more to winning games than having players with elite measurables but if they get in sync and motivated they are both dangerous regardless of record. 

Not trying to argue with you. I hope you're right. 

1 minute ago, Swarm said:

I'm still very skeptical about writing off R5 personally. I definitely think R6 is way up in comparison to previous years as a whole. And I also think R5 is way down from recent years with PCs absence. IMO East and Stratford probably have all 4 playoff teams in region 6 outmanned when it comes to size and speed. Quite a few D1 players on those squads. Does anyone in R6 even have a D1 player? I'm not aware of any. 

Obviously theres more to winning games than having players with elite measurables but if they get in sync and motivated they are both dangerous regardless of record. 

I believe WH has a couple getting looks D1 looks. I believe it's #9 and #10 for WH. I believe both got invited and visited austin peay this past weekend. And who does east Nashville have? I really haven't heard of anyone thats like a superstar

9 minutes ago, Swarm said:

I agree, I wouldn’t write R5 at all. Yes, they have great athletes. How do you combat that, coaching. I know outside of East Nashville R6 has the better coaching, and to me in the playoffs is where the cream rises to the top on the coaching side.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, WHHSBDP123 said:

I believe WH has a couple getting looks D1 looks. I believe it's #9 and #10 for WH. I believe both got invited and visited austin peay this past weekend. And who does east Nashville have? I really haven't heard of anyone thats like a superstar

That's awesome. I think the QB is #9 correct? He's definitely in the running for region MVP. Throws and run very well. 

I'm not really sure of any of the guys names in metro but i recall last year looking at recruits for '22 and '23 and there were a few from East and Stratford. Hopefully they transferred to Pearl Cohn lol. 

@FIREBIRD80 @FBfan26 & @EastNasty could probably provide us some insight. 

1 hour ago, Swarm said:

That's awesome. I think the QB is #9 correct? He's definitely in the running for region MVP. Throws and run very well. 

I'm not really sure of any of the guys names in metro but i recall last year looking at recruits for '22 and '23 and there were a few from East and Stratford. Hopefully they transferred to Pearl Cohn lol. 

@FIREBIRD80 @FBfan26 & @EastNasty could probably provide us some insight. 

I had to go back and read a little bit but it looks like region 6 is going for the sweep lol. That’s a long time coming. To answer some of y’all’s questions the only two teams you have to worry about is East and Stratford coming out this region. Beginning of the year I said Stratford is going to be better then East but I guess they proved me wrong on the field. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FBfan26 said:

I had to go back and read a little bit but it looks like region 6 is going for the sweep lol. That’s a long time coming. To answer some of y’all’s questions the only two teams you have to worry about is East and Stratford coming out this region. Beginning of the year I said Stratford is going to be better then East but I guess they proved me wrong on the field. 

I remember back when 2-8 Stratford unleashed on all of us in '18 that you were well aware of their potential. Even after you guys thrashed them by like 50 in the regular season. I think East destroyed them in the regular season too and we beat a VERY GOOD East team round 2 that year. 

Thanks for chiming in brother! Good luck to your Firebirds this week. Huge game. :thumb:

• Like 1