Trenton Peabody @ Dyersburg

GrumpyBulldog

Not saying they are ducking the game. I have no doubt that Peabody is probably ducking this game. I heard that they have ducked another 3A team as well this week. Either way, Dyersburg wasn't going to win, so take the victory of them ducking this game and hope they can play at some point. 

Edited by JoeBlow777

5 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

That's fine to say but Dyersburg isn't the one ducking the game. 

A team last year screwed lake county out of a championship match up last year because they didn’t want to reschedule. Jacobs wants the region win to be on the field not Covid. If that means replace a team then it happens. 
Looking at schedules Lake and Peabody only had two dates they were not playing in region. September 24th Dyersburg and October 22 Huntingdon. 

Edited by PHSRollTide

1 minute ago, PHSRollTide said:

I believe the next week was a bye for both teams during round 1. 

You believe wrong. West Carroll had Greenfield week 11 and by round 1 when this hypothetical game were to take place the seeding is already set. So not sure what it would accomplish and really not cool to sneak diss Greenfield and coach Pitt like that. 

1 minute ago, WarEagleCartman said:

You believe wrong. West Carroll had Greenfield week 11 and by round 1 when this hypothetical game were to take place the seeding is already set. So not sure what it would accomplish and really not cool to sneak diss Greenfield and coach Pitt like that. 

Your just sore because y’all have to play Peabody this year. Y’all liked us until we came back to 1A.

Edited by PHSRollTide

2 minutes ago, WestTNFootball100 said:

It’s hard to argue against the ducking talk but at the end of the day win or lose dyersburg would still have a good regular season then get bounced in the second round. I’d stop worrying about Peabody and worry about Covington and Ripley and actually making a run in the playoffs. 

I agree. Dyersburg is not on the same level as Peabody. Peabody doesn't need that game to prove anything, which is probably why they chose not to play it. Dyersburg needs to focus on their upcoming region games and cross their fingers that Ripley/Covington come in a little banged up. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, PHSRollTide said:

Your just sore because y’all have to play Peabody this year. Y’all liked us until we came back to 1A.

He said a few years ago when we went back to 2a that Peabody and Union city didn’t belong in 1a or something like that maybe not those exact words 

• Upvote 1