Week 4: Fayetteville (1A) hosts Upperman (4A)

MC4FHS

Fayetteville got the win so I give them credit where it’s due, they made some big plays and took advantage of some things offensivly….  but Upperman got HOSED on multiple scoring plays especially in the fourth quarter on two separate drives… No denying that anyone watching knows that and it’s tough to play 11v17 2.5 hours from home

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FootballGUY931 said:

Fayetteville got the win so I give them credit where it’s due, they made some big plays and took advantage of some things offensivly….  but Upperman got HOSED on multiple scoring plays especially in the fourth quarter on two separate drives… No denying that anyone watching knows that and it’s tough to play 11v17 2.5 hours from home

Correct. Ruined an otherwise good game. No way they were going to let UHS win 

From Cookeville Herald-Citizen newspaper:

“We couldn’t run the football,” said head coach Adam Caine. “Hats off to them. They played better than we did, and they deserve the win.”

“Fayetteville led in total offensive yards with 356, while Upperman collected 275. Upperman gathered 131 receiving yards (9.4 per catch) and 144 rushing yards (5.3 per carry). The Tigers did the most damage to the Bees through the air, finishing with 243 receiving yards.”

1 hour ago, MC4FHS said:

From Cookeville Herald-Citizen newspaper:

“We couldn’t run the football,” said head coach Adam Caine. “Hats off to them. They played better than we did, and they deserve the win.”

“Fayetteville led in total offensive yards with 356, while Upperman collected 275. Upperman gathered 131 receiving yards (9.4 per catch) and 144 rushing yards (5.3 per carry). The Tigers did the most damage to the Bees through the air, finishing with 243 receiving yards.”

Take away the 45 yard bogus receiving play were player was down, and add 40 yards to UHS on a phantom pass block in the back. Close game....but let the players decide it. 

48 minutes ago, TheLongestYard said:

Don’t have a dog in that race but it’s comical to see a lot of crying going on in this forum. I guess little 1A can line up and play ball too huh

Ik depth has a lot to do with. Some teams literally play to wear down teams.  It’s 11 on 11 every play at the end of the day. If your well conditioned and have the talent you can compete with anyone.

Edited by PHSRollTide
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, PHSRollTide said:

Ik depth has a lot to do with. Some teams literally play to wear down teams.  It’s 11 on 11 every play at the end of the day. If your well conditioned and have the talent you can compete with anyone.

Negative I guarantee you I could take a set of referees and they absolutely can decide the outcome of the game You know it I know it everybody else knows it. And that is exactly what happened in this game. Bad call after bad call you had three touchdowns that went against Upperman and for city. That’s the difference in this game. City has a good team no doubt about it. I take nothing away from the players/coaches. But these refs gave them 18 points. That is fact.