Alcoa

vandyfan1

1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

fingers crossed!

Fingers Crossed GIFs | Tenor

Central declined the offer. Apparently, had no reason to give for declining….Powell has also declined…

1. Greeneville pulled out

2. Betsy pulled out

3. Anderson County pulled out

4. Central declined to play only had 9 games

5. Powell declined to play

Sad! 

Edited by Throwdeslant

10 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

Central declined the offer. Apparently, had no reason to give for declining….Powell has also declined…

Yup. Same thing I heard....Powell said no cause they play Catholic the following week?  Really? Why all these teams running from a 3A program. :lol: I don't want to hear anymore about Alcoa needing to move up! :thumb: Are Knoxville teams scared after the Ref's could not even get them a win!:roflolk:

Chicken Shoes GIF - Chicken Shoes Cute - Discover & Share GIFs

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Have to move to 4A....Indian.

image.png.2336e045a3cbd03d1a6e09b0edf32886.png

Show me that rule. Memphis East jumped from Class A basketball to Class AAA basketball, equal from going 1A/2A football to 5A or 6A. I'm pretty sure one of the Greene County schools went 1A to 3A to help scheduling a few years ago. If it's a rule, I'm 99 percent certain TSSAA would allow an exception in Alcoa's case, if they decided to push it. Nah, gotta win by 50 against a Pigeon Forge? Yes, more "funny" pictures, when you have mismatches in every region game every year that's what you're left to entertain yourself. The previous excuse was "all the teams are playing elsewhere" now what's the excuse? It has to be boring for the fans all but 2 or 3 weeks every year. 

20 hours ago, Throwdeslant said:

1. Greeneville pulled out

2. Betsy pulled out

3. Anderson County pulled out

4. Central declined to play only had 9 games

5. Powell declined to play

Sad! 

BC & Throwdeslant, let me ask you this and I'm not on here to start anything, just want your honest opinion. You (put yourself in a head coach's position) are on a 5 game winning streak, just had your best game of the season, got lots of momentum going into your biggest two games of the year w/ playoffs and seating on the line. Are you going to tell me you would schedule a top 10 team (any classification), knowing that more than likely you're going down, your momentum gone and the possibility of injuries to key members on a team that (to my knowledge) has no depth at any position. Would you take a game that nothing good could come out of it? I'd love to see it earlier in the season. I wouldn't call it being a chicken, I'd call it being smart!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Indian said:

Show me that rule. Memphis East jumped from Class A basketball to Class AAA basketball, equal from going 1A/2A football to 5A or 6A. I'm pretty sure one of the Greene County schools went 1A to 3A to help scheduling a few years ago. If it's a rule, I'm 99 percent certain TSSAA would allow an exception in Alcoa's case, if they decided to push it. Nah, gotta win by 50 against a Pigeon Forge? Yes, more "funny" pictures, when you have mismatches in every region game every year that's what you're left to entertain yourself. The previous excuse was "all the teams are playing elsewhere" now what's the excuse? It has to be boring for the fans all but 2 or 3 weeks every year. 

You're not going to start crying again on me are you? :lol:

2 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

BC & Throwdeslant, let me ask you this and I'm not on here to start anything, just want your honest opinion. You (put yourself in a head coach's position) are on a 5 game winning streak, just had your best game of the season, got lots of momentum going into your biggest two games of the year w/ playoffs and seating on the line. Are you going to tell me you would schedule a top 10 team (any classification), knowing that more than likely you're going down, your momentum gone and the possibility of injuries to key members on a team that (to my knowledge) has no depth at any position. Would you take a game that nothing good could come out of it? I'd love to see it earlier in the season. I wouldn't call it being a chicken, I'd call it being smart!

Alcoa could just play 3A teams, but play the best that will schedule them. Why, because that is the MAIN reason they are a little school with 650 students and 60 players and the "top 10 team(any classification)". Steel sharpen steel! Alcoa has just as much to lose late in the season and heading into the playoffs playing another bigger 5A team. Simply losing the Starting QB for Alcoa would make it a big challenge to win another championship.  BUT, they made the calls. They WANT the Challenge and the Competition! Running from team, regardless the reasons you mention is just sissy football. Fact.