Alcoa

vandyfan1

38 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Alcoa could just play 3A teams, but play the best that will schedule them. Why, because that is the MAIN reason they are a little school with 650 students and 60 players and the "top 10 team(any classification)". Steel sharpen steel! Alcoa has just as much to lose late in the season and heading into the playoffs playing another bigger 5A team. Simply losing the Starting QB for Alcoa would make it a big challenge to win another championship.  BUT, they made the calls. They WANT the Challenge and the Competition! Running from team, regardless the reasons you mention is just sissy football. Fact. 

Well said! :thumb:

3 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

BC & Throwdeslant, let me ask you this and I'm not on here to start anything, just want your honest opinion. You (put yourself in a head coach's position) are on a 5 game winning streak, just had your best game of the season, got lots of momentum going into your biggest two games of the year w/ playoffs and seating on the line. Are you going to tell me you would schedule a top 10 team (any classification), knowing that more than likely you're going down, your momentum gone and the possibility of injuries to key members on a team that (to my knowledge) has no depth at any position. Would you take a game that nothing good could come out of it? I'd love to see it earlier in the season. I wouldn't call it being a chicken, I'd call it being smart!

If the story was the other way around, you Alcoa haters would be whining like little babies. All I’m reading in your post is a bunch of sad excuses. That’s why your knox county teams will never be more than average at best…..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

BC & Throwdeslant, let me ask you this and I'm not on here to start anything, just want your honest opinion. You (put yourself in a head coach's position) are on a 5 game winning streak, just had your best game of the season, got lots of momentum going into your biggest two games of the year w/ playoffs and seating on the line. Are you going to tell me you would schedule a top 10 team (any classification), knowing that more than likely you're going down, your momentum gone and the possibility of injuries to key members on a team that (to my knowledge) has no depth at any position. Would you take a game that nothing good could come out of it? I'd love to see it earlier in the season. I wouldn't call it being a chicken, I'd call it being smart!

I thought somebody said on another thread that Central was “currently” trying to find a game…. If that is the case, you take what you can get. When the opportunity arises, you play the game. Just my opinion. 

15 hours ago, Haydiboy said:

I wonder if there is anyone from the surrounding  states north carolina, Georgia, Kentucky Virginia, or even Alabama. That Alcoa could possibly get a game with. Maybe Corbin @ their place?

I will admit I would love to see Alcoa get another crack at Corbin. Besides the Rob Job Blackman got from Bowling Green in 2013.Alcoa rob job at Corbin was one of the worst I have seen. Alcoa's game at Corbin was pathetic. Alcoa was robbed big time. 

Edited by REBELRON

5 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

they ran..............

Crazy Guy Runs Into Outback Tornado To Take Selfie on Make a GIF

bunch of sissies.

BC, I spent 10 years coaching high school football in Georgia. Moved here in 97. I'm just as big an Alcoa fan as you. I just spent 15 years working with Alcoa parents and grandparents of players at a business in Alcoa, I go to the state championship games every year and sit with them and cheer with them. Would be glad to meet you in Chattanooga when the team plays. Been doing it since my son was in middle school back in the late 1990's. I know the struggles you guys have to get games. My son had a coaching/teaching stent at Central, I pull for them, I pull for Powell where he went to school, but that doesn't mean I don't pull for other classification teams. I pull for good high school football. But sometimes there are more important decisions to be made for the good of a team than playing a game for the sake of just playing a game. I'll be the first to say "Go Tornadoes", but I'll also say to Central, do what's right for the program at this point!

2 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

BC, I spent 10 years coaching high school football in Georgia. Moved here in 97. I'm just as big an Alcoa fan as you. I just spent 15 years working with Alcoa parents and grandparents of players at a business in Alcoa, I go to the state championship games every year and sit with them and cheer with them. Would be glad to meet you in Chattanooga when the team plays. Been doing it since my son was in middle school back in the late 1990's. I know the struggles you guys have to get games. My son had a coaching/teaching stent at Central, I pull for them, I pull for Powell where he went to school, but that doesn't mean I don't pull for other classification teams. I pull for good high school football. But sometimes there are more important decisions to be made for the good of a team than playing a game for the sake of just playing a game. I'll be the first to say "Go Tornadoes", but I'll also say to Central, do what's right for the program at this point!

I truly understand. Especially in 5A, with the level of competition being so close. It is coming down to the wire in the Knoxville Area. An area that I feel will win the 5A championship this year with Summit moving to 6A. With that thought, Alcoa reached out to Webb, another local team without a game this Friday. Same as usual, they said no. sigh.......... 

I see a trend with regional 3A teams that Alcoa has left on the schedule taking the Covid bypass. Will AE be next??

Alcoa has to move up next cycle. Just to force local teams to play by being in region.  I just hope, Carter, South-Doyle, Gibbs, Fulton, and Scott Co. don't try and run back to 5A. My guess........they will.

8 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

I truly understand. Especially in 5A, with the level of competition being so close. It is coming down to the wire in the Knoxville Area. An area that I feel will win the 5A championship this year with Summit moving to 6A. With that thought, Alcoa reached out to Webb, another local team without a game this Friday. Same as usual, they said no. sigh.......... 

I see a trend with regional 3A teams that Alcoa has left on the schedule taking the Covid bypass. Will AE be next??

Alcoa has to move up next cycle. Just to force local teams to play by being in region.  I just hope, Carter, South-Doyle, Gibbs, Fulton, and Scott Co. don't try and run back to 5A. My guess........they will.

Milan reached out to Alcoa. Offered to pay the bus fare and feed em pizza. You know give the Memphis treatment. Rankin said no. Scared…. :)

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

3 hours ago, REBELRON said:

I will admit I would love to see Alcoa get another crack at Corbin. Besides the Rob Job Blackman got from Bowling Green in 2013.Alcoa rob job at Corbin was one of the worst I have seen. Alcoa's game at Corbin was pathetic. Alcoa was robbed big time. 

You are 100% correct. We were warned by other Kentucky High School teams fans in the bleachers that the refs will control the game. I did not take to heart til I saw it first hand. wow. Corbin has a repetition even against other KY teams. 

BTW, Most of the Alcoa fans at this years Knox. West game said that game reminded them of the Corbin game. Only difference....Alcoa found a way to win? Two crazy games I'd like to forget!