Week 4 - Powell @ Science Hill

osunut2

10 minutes ago, JET4LIFE84 said:

How can powell not have a better defense with the #1 recruit in the nation on their D line?

You've still got 10 guys out there who have to hold up their end. And when offenses are literally running 90% of their plays away from him, someone else has to step up. They also don't look like a very well-coached unit of defense.

I actually felt like the Powell defense played better against Karns, for 3 quarters at least. It probably helped that the Karns QB wasn't much of a threat to run or throw.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

You've still got 10 guys out there who have to hold up their end. And when offenses are literally running 90% of their plays away from him, someone else has to step up. They also don't look like a very well-coached unit of defense.

I actually felt like the Powell defense played better against Karns, for 3 quarters at least. It probably helped that the Karns QB wasn't much of a threat to run or throw.

I was in northern Virginia visiting my son and grandkids over the long weekend, so I haven't watched any of that game on DCM video, probably won't. 

On the Science Hill game, it could be an interesting game.  

Science Hill is a team that has a serious history of underachieving given the amount of talent in that school.  I've always been surprised that they haven't had more success than they have.  Frankly, the times I have seen them play they appear to be a very poorly coached team across the board.  

On the surface Powell should with the football game, but you never know when Science Hill is going to put it together for a game or two.  Seems to happen at times, and then they settle down in to the undisciplined team as before.  

Kermit Tipton Stadium is very nice, but with the track being there and so much space between the sideline boundary and the track it just doesn't have a very intimate feel to it.  Fans are so far away from the field it's hard for the players to feed off of the crowd. 

Science Hill stadium.jpg

36 minutes ago, HTV said:

I was in northern Virginia visiting my son and grandkids over the long weekend, so I haven't watched any of that game on DCM video, probably won't. 

Science Hill is a team that has a serious history of underachieving given the amount of talent in that school.  I've always been surprised that they haven't had more success than they have.  Frankly, the times I have seen them play they appear to be a very poorly coached team across the board.  

On the surface Powell should with the football game, but you never know when Science Hill is going to put it together for a game or two.  Seems to happen at times, and then they settle down in to the undisciplined team as before.  

Kermit Tipton Stadium is very nice, but with the track being there and so much space between the sideline boundary and the track it just doesn't have a very intimate feel to it.  Fans are so far away from the field it's hard for the players to feed off of the crowd. 

Science Hill stadium.jpg

I've been to a few games there, most recently an ETSU game their "inaugural" season. Very nice facility, but not intimate at all.

3 hours ago, HTV said:

Science Hill stadium.jpg

I think they designed it that way hoping to attract a nascar race one day.