Milan @ Haywood week 5

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

53 minutes ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

Don’t speak for all fans there sir. Not all Haywood fans are that way.

I know it was a few fans but that was some of the classless actions I’ve seen in a long time. Kudos to Milan fans for showing class and not responding and making it a bad situation. Lost a lot of respect for Haywood tonight for what should been their fans just celebrating their team.

2 minutes ago, Bulldog89 said:

I know it was a few fans but that was some of the classless actions I’ve seen in a long time. Kudos to Milan fans for showing class and not responding and making it a bad situation. Lost a lot of respect for Haywood tonight for what should been their fans just celebrating their team.

I understand your frustration i would too. Some fans show their excitement different from others unfortunately not all ways are good ways. Hats off to Milan, for playing a clean game. We’ll prolly see y’all down the road again! 

our boys are motivated mainly by a post that was roughly made about a year ago, basically stating Milan would destroy them. 

1 hour ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

I understand your frustration i would too. Some fans show their excitement different from others unfortunately not all ways are good ways. Hats off to Milan, for playing a clean game. We’ll prolly see y’all down the road again! 

our boys are motivated mainly by a post that was roughly made about a year ago, basically stating Milan would destroy them. 

I am not sure what post you are talking about, but whoever said that simply does not know what they are talking about... Anyone that knows football at all will tell you that Haywood did not make it the state championship game 2 years in a row because of a stroke of luck. Haywood was really good last year, and they are really good again this year. I am sure that people want to take the SGC v Haywood game and compare it the SGC v Milan games last year. It is simply not a fair comparison. SGC had a good team last year that caught Haywood during a Covid funk. They had only played 1 real game at that point in the season and SGC had already played 4 if memory serves me correct. After the SGC v HHS game, the Tomcats never looked back. Make no mistake about it, Haywood is the real deal. I have been a fan of Chris Smith since he took over the program. I think he has done a remarkable job there. Coaching at Haywood is a different animal. He has made the absolute best out of what he has and someone saying that Milan would destroy them is simply, stupid. I am glad that Haywood made this a point. They left any non-believers in the their dust.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BLACKFRIDAY said:

I would say Peabody is second best in the West. Haywood would probably throttle them also. I give Covington little chance.

:lol: 

listen Haywood is a great team but I seriously doubt they would “throttle” Peabody and I would bet a lot that they get all they can handle from Covington. Haywood very well may win that game, but Covington will be the best team Haywood plays without a doubt. 

30 minutes ago, JoeBlow777 said:

listen Haywood is a great team but I seriously doubt they would “throttle” Peabody and I would bet a lot that they get all they can handle from Covington. Haywood very well may win that game, but Covington will be the best team Haywood plays without a doubt. 

Covington not making it to the championship game?

4 minutes ago, sportsfan53ray said:

Northside Indians seem to be improving. Got lots of talent and some size. Maybe they can give Haywood a good game. Just came from three scores back to best SG. What happened there ? Milan schedule looks like more trouble. Hot Seat ?

Nope. No hot seat. Ridiculous for anyone to even think that. 

10 hours ago, JoeBlow777 said:

Best two teams will play in a few weeks. Covington vs. Haywood will be a show. 

Based on the passing yardage Covington gave up vs. Ripley, Haywood will feast on our pass defense. Unless Coach Kirby can shore up that aspect of the Covington D, Haywood will really take advantage of that soft spot.

However, we have quite a while to get that fixed. We will see.

1 hour ago, JoeBlow777 said:

I've seen them all play in person. I'm not a Haywood homer or even a fan. The Tomcats ARE the best team in West TN. Absolutely Covington will be the best team they play, no doubt. I'm just here to let you know second and third in whatever order you place them are distant. Haywood is in a different stratosphere.