So the ship lost it's captain????

CougarDadx2

This decision as are most is about one thing, "MONEY"

I don't have a clue as to what SP was paying the head coach but he is more than likely going to triple his income if not quadruple his salary.  There are less than 1% of the people in the USA that would not take another job effectively immediately if someone is willing to triple or quadruple their income.  

In closing I want to ask a question:  If someone is going to lay someone off or terminate them do they give them any notice?  The answer is no so why should the employee give the employer  advanced notification that they are leaving?  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cbg said:

This decision as are most is about one thing, "MONEY"

I don't have a clue as to what SP was paying the head coach but he is more than likely going to triple his income if not quadruple his salary.  There are less than 1% of the people in the USA that would not take another job effectively immediately if someone is willing to triple or quadruple their income.  

In closing I want to ask a question:  If someone is going to lay someone off or terminate them do they give them any notice?  The answer is no so why should the employee give the employer  advanced notification that they are leaving?  

Then don't give people high expectations saying money has nothing to do with it and promise the kids and community the moon.Just come out and tell them--By the way I'm a greedy weasel and I'm gonna jump on the next best thing????No weight in this scenario.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, Jim1972 said:

Then don't give people high expectations saying money has nothing to do with it and promise the kids and community the moon.Just come out and tell them--By the way I'm a greedy weasel and I'm gonna jump on the next best thing????No weight in this scenario.

So it's greed that you take a Job making 10x more money? Is your Bills free? It wasn't about the money that Spitt was paying Him. He wanted to Coach there . He has a Kid there. But take into consideration of all the Crap he inherited and the Job offer. Anyone would take it. What happened to the Fans and Town excited that their Coach was called up to the pros? If Vic Grider was asked to Join the Titans mid year for hundreds of thousands do you think he would take it? Of course he would and the Fans would be excited for him. I take that back. This is Spitt. Spoiled to the core. They would have hated Him for bettering his Family! How dare he do that!!! If you have a Coach Friend you ask him if he was asked to join the Pros for hundreds of thousands of Dollars and it was a immediate offer; would he take it?  Tell me what He or She says..

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Jim1972 said:

In the End South Pittsburg will win the same amount of Games as when Chris was there..I think Murphy would have been a great Game as a Coach that could go either way. As well as CCS. Oakland well it's Oakland. South Pittsburg  barring injury or Covid will be playing in Chatt for the title in Dec..

26 minutes ago, Geno said:

And you would know how? Another lie.

Since you are quick to call me a liar, allow me to humor you - we have a couple of sites in Canada, I visit on occasion, in BC and Ontario (Toronto) to be specific. There are more than a few CFL / NFL fans in Toronto, like guys do, we discuss football. I know a couple of folks who have gone over the boarder to work with Chris when he was an Eskimo. I was talking to one of the Argonauts fans back in January, and he indicated that there was talk about trying to get Chris there to run defense. We were on the phone in May sometime when he said, "so your guy turned us down for a high school job!"

Do I know for an absolute fact that Toronto made him an offer, no. Does this rumor seem to be valid given the circumstances, yes. Only Chris and the Argonauts front office would know. Since your close with Chris, why don't you ask, and validate that I am a liar (which would give you great pleasure) or apologize (which would require good character, of which I feel you are lacking).

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Jim1972 said:

The people that are doing the hiring should know that if someone shows up with a suitcase full of money and offers it to one of their employees they are going to leave.  If any one of the members of school board or principal were offered a job that would quadruple their salary they would leave.  When hired you may not have any intentions to ever leave but at that point no one has offered you the key to the vault.  

Yes, it's not the best situation for SP but just move on and make the best of a situation that no one anticipated.  

18 minutes ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Since you are quick to call me a liar, allow me to humor you - we have a couple of sites in Canada, I visit on occasion, in BC and Ontario (Toronto) to be specific. There are more than a few CFL / NFL fans in Toronto, like guys do, we discuss football. I know a couple of folks who have gone over the boarder to work with Chris when he was an Eskimo. I was talking to one of the Argonauts fans back in January, and he indicated that there was talk about trying to get Chris there to run defense. We were on the phone in May sometime when he said, "so your guy turned us down for a high school job!"

Do I know for an absolute fact that Toronto made him an offer, no. Does this rumor seem to be valid given the circumstances, yes. Only Chris and the Argonauts front office would know. Since your close with Chris, why don't you ask, and validate that I am a liar (which would give you great pleasure) or apologize (which would require good character, of which I feel you are lacking).

The Toronto hiring was because the DC refused to get a Covid Vaccine and he was fired. This was days ago. Chris wanted to Coach at Spitt  for as long as he could. I was around him alot. I saw and heard the chatter. I could care less what you think I have or don't have. All you mentioned was rumors and assuming. I mentioned facts. Take it as you want too..

53 minutes ago, Geno said:

So it's greed that you take a Job making 10x more money? Is your Bills free? It wasn't about the money that Spitt was paying Him. He wanted to Coach there . He has a Kid there. But take into consideration of all the Crap he inherited and the Job offer. Anyone would take it. What happened to the Fans and Town excited that their Coach was called up to the pros? If Vic Grider was asked to Join the Titans mid year for hundreds of thousands do you think he would take it? Of course he would and the Fans would be excited for him. I take that back. This is Spitt. Spoiled to the core. They would have hated Him for bettering his Family! How dare he do that!!! If you have a Coach Friend you ask him if he was asked to join the Pros for hundreds of thousands of Dollars and it was a immediate offer; would he take it?  Tell me what He or She says..

Village idiot.  He has already been there and wanted to come home to his dream job.  That Griffith man told him what his salary would be.  Only reason he didnt last year cause the Jones man didnt have a job.  You think im joking but im not.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

Village idiot.  He has already been there and wanted to come home to his dream job.  That Griffith man told him what his salary would be.  Only reason he didnt last year cause the Jones man didnt have a job.  You think im joking but im not.

Roy with all that money maybe that Jones man will hire geno to polish his poles in Canada 

• Like 3

From an outsider looking in who knows nothing about CJ personally.I would almost bet that he had great intentions coming in and more than likely wanted to lead his alma mater, but again if you’ve ever reached the pinnacle of any profession as he has, you also long for those challenges / money.

There is lots of blame to be thrown around here and definitely I would say this man has a lot of it to bare, but whomever does the hiring up there has his or her fair share also.

There is a reason why people don’t hire CEO’s to be custodians… it’s called over qualified and they realize that the custodian job is probably not going to challenge the person enough mentally or award them enough financially!

The hire should have never taken place!