New AP Poll 1A

MC4FHS

1 hour ago, mrbigster said:

I've seen them in person.If Trenton can beat McKenzie,so can Fayetteville.Lots of weapons.Qb,rb,think receivers,9 and maybe 11.They going to be tough

I was very impressed with Fayetteville. 9 is a stud 11 is very good. 2 is just a freshman but has all the tools. They have kids everywhere. They can't commit penalties at that rate and expect to beat Peabody or McKenzie. Talent wise though I believe all are close enough any can beat each other on a given night. These games would probably come down to preparation and in game adjustments.

6 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Haven’t seen McKenzie, but that Fayetteville QB threw for close to 300 yards against a stout Upperman D. He’s legit!!

I just watched the game last night. Fayettevilles QB is probably the most physically gifted of the 3 but just my opinion Cassidy and Driggers are better at this point. Also I didn't tally stats or anything but Fayettevilles receivers YAC helped that total a lot. 

Edited by WarEagleCartman

8 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

I was very impressed with Fayetteville. 9 is a stud 11 is very good. 2 is just a freshman but has all the tools. They have kids everywhere. They can't commit penalties at that rate and expect to beat Peabody or McKenzie. Talent wise though I believe all are close enough any can beat each other on a given night. These games would probably come down to preparation and in game adjustments.

Totally agree that the penalties are their achilles heel thats what could cost them in a playoff game vs someone who has really good talent that can come and match them. #9 is a matchup nightmare on both sides of the ball kid is special, 92 on the dline causes problems ..trenches matter and cant forget the game changer #3 at RB

3 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Out of Peabody, Mckenzie, and Fayetteville I'd say Cassidy is the best qb, I'd also say Taylor is the best rb. 

I don't know about that.I haven't seen Taylor.LC scrimmaged McKenzie when he was a freshman I believe.Very talented.Know he's big time but maybe as a db? All 3 backs are good.Id go with Fayetteville qb based on what I've seen

3 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

#7 when healthy may be the team's MVP. The new kid from Huntland is a stud as well. 

3 hours ago, sum1uno said:

LC defense for past few years been solid. 2017 was best defense we played against. 2018 was tough also but hard to tell with that rainstorm we played in. 

I'm saying no comparison between last years team and year state title team.Shame the weather with Cornersville.Played tough but just a couple up the gut in a monsoon.Great crowd for conditions

20 hours ago, mrbigster said:

I don't know about that.I haven't seen Taylor.LC scrimmaged McKenzie when he was a freshman I believe.Very talented.Know he's big time but maybe as a db? All 3 backs are good.Id go with Fayetteville qb based on what I've seen

I keep hearing he'll probably play defense but idk I've seen a handful of his games but he's never really caught my eye on defense... And I watch the game through a defensive perspective. 

There is one team that isn't even receiving votes at all that is easily top 6 in state and not sure they are not top 5. Everyone is sleeping on Lake County. They return 18 starters from last year and played their first game without 7 of them and lost by 6 to a good Union City team. Polls don't matter but LC will make a deep run in the playoffs. I just hope everyone keeps sleeping on them. Trenton, Fayetteville, McKenzie would all be favorites over Lake County. That's about it. So. Pitt and LC would be a war.

Edited by lakecounty1968

16 hours ago, Lead said:

I saw them against Cornersville. Also watched LC twice. LC would have beaten Fayetteville by 3 touchdowns.  

Just like they said south pitt would've beat Fayetteville by 30 last year and what happened? Fayetteville was to big to physical and to fast might have been a good game but Fayetteville wins that game respectfully. if TSSAA doesnt go back on their word Fayetteville wins it all that yr as well.