Alcoa at West

WestHigh4Life

Just now, BCsportsfan said:

so, you think West is the number one team in 5A?

Yes, I don't think Alcoa can be treated like a typical 3A team. West is a solid team with a stout defense as you saw last night. There is no doubt that there were quite a few penalties last night that's why I've been hesitating to comment on the game but that aside I think either West or Powell is the best team in 5A only time will tell.

2 minutes ago, MeritIII said:

Are we back to this again?  I thought we already agreed the refs were unbiased and did not throw flags on crucial plays?  We are not going to make much progress when you keep changing your mind.  

Are you kidding? Joking...trying to be funny? wow. Get real. Alcoa fans know how that went down.

Nothing is changing for the pure fact Alcoa came into the Rebel home and beat them and their paid off west coach ref!

Thunbs Up GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

3 minutes ago, edwardblake said:

Yes, I don't think Alcoa can be treated like a typical 3A team. West is a solid team with a stout defense as you saw last night. There is no doubt that there were quite a few penalties last night that's why I've been hesitating to comment on the game but that aside I think either West or Powell is the best team in 5A only time will tell.

I agree.

But, at the begin off this thread everyone was trashing me cause I stated West as the #1 5A team and referenced the AP poll.

3 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Are you kidding? Joking...trying to be funny? wow. Get real. Alcoa fans know how that went down.

Nothing is changing for the pure fact Alcoa came into the Rebel home and beat them and their paid off west coach ref!

Thunbs Up GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Nope.  Not letting that one go.  I’ll ask again - if refs wanted you to lose, then how did you get out with the win?  Why did they not throw a flag on your last TD?  And why was the only penalty in OT thrown on the rebels?

10 minutes ago, MeritIII said:

Let’s try this another way - 40% of the flags were thrown on West.  And to my memory- the only hold called in OT was on West after a 5 yard run to the five.  It turned second and goal at the 5 into first and goal from the 20.  Can we agree there?

No. someone stated 129 yards to 60yards. So, just disregard all the flags that led up to West making it to OT? Yea, OK.

5 minutes ago, MeritIII said:

Nope.  Not letting that one go.  I’ll ask again - if refs wanted you to lose, then how did you get out with the win?  Why did they not throw a flag on your last TD?  And why was the only penalty in OT thrown on the rebels?

you can only hold a much better team down for a short time. A real champion find a way to win! Even against odds. The F5 tornadoes did that. Check the score board, you all LOST!:lol:

• CoachT locked this topic