Alcoa at West

WestHigh4Life

That game last night brought back memories of a Rhea County/Cleveland game from 1991 in which both teams were flagged in a similar fashion.  Our Eagles lost 20-6 that night... I can't remember how many times we fumbled inside the Cleveland 10...  boy, those were the days of knockdowns/beatdowns.  I remember reading about it in the paper too... Benny Monroe and the late Bill Horton walking across the field together 20 minutes after the game. 

- I also remember West playing Rhea in their run to the championship (2014 ?), moaning and groaning about the refs after they won 35-28.  Funny how those things stick out. 

Coming from an individual who had nothing in the game last night, I enjoyed it... especially after I muted it.  :)

3 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

you can only hold a much better team down for a short time. A real champion find a way to win! Even against odds. The F5 tornadoes did that. Check the score board, you all LOST!:lol:

I agree West lost, which is why I say you can’t argue the officials screwed you.  Had we paid for Alcoa to lose - we would not have settled for overtime and a 1 point loss (no moral victories here).  We would have had the officials call a hold on your last td or ineligible receiver down field and you would have walked out with a loss.  

3 minutes ago, MeritIII said:

I agree West lost, which is why I say you can’t argue the officials screwed you.  Had we paid for Alcoa to lose - we would not have settled for overtime and a 1 point loss (no moral victories here).  We would have had the officials call a hold on your last td or ineligible receiver down field and you would have walked out with a loss.  

you cheated to stay in that game and you know it. Just will not admit it. That fine.

6 minutes ago, ADS1 said:

That game last night brought back memories of a Rhea County/Cleveland game from 1991 in which both teams were flagged in a similar fashion.  Our Eagles lost 20-6 that night... I can't remember how many times we fumbled inside the Cleveland 10...  boy, those were the days of knockdowns/beatdowns.  I remember reading about it in the paper too... Benny Monroe and the late Bill Horton walking across the field together 20 minutes after the game. 

- I also remember West playing Rhea in their run to the championship (2014 ?), moaning and groaning about the refs after they won 35-28.  Funny how those things stick out. 

Coming from an individual who had nothing in the game last night, I enjoyed it... especially after I muted it.  :)

Remember after that West game, TSSAA sent the white hat to Knox West to apologize in person to the West HC and AD.  He and his crew were suspended and  pulled from the remainder of the playoffs.   

8 minutes ago, ADS1 said:

Yes, they do!

• CoachT locked this topic