Alcoa at West

WestHigh4Life

2 minutes ago, Knoxemdown said:

Wait, I just remembered that there was what appeared to be a clear fumble that Alcoa was allowed to keep although West had recovered.  Am I misremembering?  Or did the refs get confused as to whom they were trying to stick it to?

You're correct, Knox. That play hasn't even been mentioned in this thread. It was bang-bang in real time, but it was a fumble after watching the replay. I think that was the same drive that Buckles threw an INT on.

Edited by osunut2

2 minutes ago, Knoxemdown said:

Wait, I just remembered that there was what appeared to be a clear fumble that Alcoa was allowed to keep although West had recovered.  Am I misremembering?  Or did the refs get confused as to whom they were trying to stick it to?

Are you sure you could see that with all that knoxville brown stuff covering you nose?:lol:

6 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

.......and you left off.............19 state championship 3A bully!!

Laughing GIFs | Tenor

True, if the Allstars can get past Pigeon Forge and Unicoi Co. in the playoffs they might have to go up against the mighty Upperman Bees in the ship.  Wow, that's tough.  Make it 20.

Edited by oridgecat

28 minutes ago, MeritIII said:

Nope.  Not letting that one go.  I’ll ask again - if refs wanted you to lose, then how did you get out with the win?  Why did they not throw a flag on your last TD?  And why was the only penalty in OT thrown on the rebels?

One last thing for this West Rebel Homer...............I better not hear a word from you when West has to travel to murvul and you get a BIG DOSE of Blount County "home cooking" shoved right down your pie hole! :twisted:

It's coming! It will happen. so get ready buttercup! 

Spoon Feeding GIFs | Tenor

7 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Three of the refs that night were neighbors of Pemberton in Rockwood and two of them played football for Pemberton.  Lol

LOL!!!  Must have been a good neighbor and enjoyed playing for him.  - We're used to having those ref accusations.  Us, McMinn and Bradley County Schools get that regularly. 

22 minutes ago, ADS1 said:

That game last night brought back memories of a Rhea County/Cleveland game from 1991 in which both teams were flagged in a similar fashion.  Our Eagles lost 20-6 that night... I can't remember how many times we fumbled inside the Cleveland 10...  boy, those were the days of knockdowns/beatdowns.  I remember reading about it in the paper too... Benny Monroe and the late Bill Horton walking across the field together 20 minutes after the game. 

- I also remember West playing Rhea in their run to the championship (2014 ?), moaning and groaning about the refs after they won 35-28.  Funny how those things stick out. 

Coming from an individual who had nothing in the game last night, I enjoyed it... especially after I muted it.  :)

Not a fan of West but that game in 2014 is the WORST officiated game I have EVER seen!! #tackleeligible

4 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

True, if the Allstars can get past Pigeon Forge and Unicoi Co. in the playoffs they might have to go up against the mighty Upperman Bees in the ship.  Wow, that's tough.  Make it 20.

At least the F5 did not choke and stink it up at the championship game like the wild kitties did, That was a pure embarrassment for East Tennessee..............sad. 

• CoachT locked this topic