Sycamore Middle Coaching: A Disgrace to Young Men

Gtowner

On 9/24/2021 at 10:01 PM, Poundtherock23 said:

From what I’ve heard about Cheatham county Director and school board, they’re not to much into football. They’re high school programs have all been on the decline due to lack of support form the board and super…..so my point is they probably won’t care about a middle school game even though this situation should be addressed.  

I said earlier that it wasn't a T.S.S.A.A. problem...it's also not just a football problem. Whether or not the D.O.S. or Board gives a hoot if the team wins or loses, their employee just tanked on his group of kids that he's been entrusted to teach, and to be an example for. At that point winning is not in the equation, but failing to compete shouldn't be either. Do the exact same thing in most systems, and you will be relieved of coaching duties. Whining to the opposing coach was not the way to handle it, nor was taking a knee... go to the white hat and tell him that you can't field a team (if that's the case), and get on the bus.

3 hours ago, TripleO said:

Sycamore has 15 kids on the team both if their qbs were injured during the game. Sycamores coach attempted to forfeit at halftime. Westmoreland declined. Sycamore too a knee every play in the second half while Westmoreland continued to run up the score. I would say its more of a bad look on Westmoreland that Sycamore.

Westmoreland put in their 5th string and it was homecoming for westmoreland middleschool. Also the bowl games were supposed to be at sycamore and they have changed the games to be played at westmoreland. Sycamore may be thinking of getting out of the football bizz altogether! Lol

12 minutes ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

Westmoreland put in their 5th string and it was homecoming for westmoreland middleschool. Also the bowl games were supposed to be at sycamore and they have changed the games to be played at westmoreland. Sycamore may be thinking of getting out of the football bizz altogether! Lol

I'd rather not play than have my coach to instruct me to go out there in front of my fans and family and lay down.

49 minutes ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

5th string??  So yall have 55 kids or more?   That's pretty impressive.  Yall maybe should think of doing the same in hs.

11 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I have no input on the general tenor of this thread, but your statement is incorrect. TSSAA has an affiliated TMSAA division that does deal with middle schools. Here’s a link:

https://tmsaa.tssaa.org/about-tmsaa

Yet at least 2/3 of the middle schools in Tennessee are not members of the TMSAA. Why should you be? You pay fees for membership, but you have no organized middle school championships at the state level. Yes, there has been the Hale and the TNT basketball tournaments for years but they are not state sanctioned. There are no state playoffs for middle school football or baseball either. You pay your money just to say you are a member. There is no carryover to the high school level. That is why  so few do it. 

Bottom line. TSSAA expects schools to handle their own coaching situations. No coach is suspended or fined for running a score up OR taking a knee. Now play an ineligible player or rip an official in the media and you will get a phone call. Don't attend a rules meeting or not turn in eligibility on time you will be fined. But just being a jerk? Nope.

Edited by MichaelMyers76

14 hours ago, TripleO said:

Sycamore has 15 kids on the team both if their qbs were injured during the game. Sycamores coach attempted to forfeit at halftime. Westmoreland declined. Sycamore too a knee every play in the second half while Westmoreland continued to run up the score. I would say its more of a bad look on Westmoreland that Sycamore.

It was 24-0. That's a 3 score game. Not insurmountable by any means 

14 hours ago, TripleO said:

Yea there's no justifying this..... Westy was only up by 3 touchdowns when he started taking a knee every single play..... Imagine quitting on kids because of 3 touchdowns..