Dobyns-Bennett and Science Hill have NO chance tonight...

blazer1set

10 minutes ago, STARSNBARS said:

I had to quit reading when they said coach Carter likes this matchup better then  SH vs Powell .I knew it had to be taken out of context or coach had been practicing with the team and not wearing pads when the interview took place.Either way,I think it's probably just to pump somebody up and I'm not buying what their selling.

Every year is a new year and every team is a new team. From what little I have seen, this murvil team is different than most years. They are probably better upfront than they have been in a while. They may not have quite as many skill guys as they have had in the past, but there is only one football. SH has a sluggers chance, but they might need some help. Penalties and turnovers still matter.

36 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

I had to quit reading when they said coach Carter likes this matchup better then  SH vs Powell .I knew it had to be taken out of context or coach had been practicing with the team and not wearing pads when the interview took place.Either way,I think it's probably just to pump somebody up and I'm not buying what their selling.

LOL, I know, I nearly spewed coffee all over the keyboard when I read that

Good game for the Devil's glad they got to play 4 quarter's. DB played good up front on the oline. In run blocking not so much in pass blocking They played the slow down game that I thought they would running the play clock under 5 each snap. And with Greeneville scoring quickly time of possession ended up being close to 3 quarter's to One. Holding penalty killed a first half drive for the devil's. Along with a fumble. All in all not the Devil's best performance. But the winner of the Game was never in doubt. I do give DB a lot of credit for having a game plan staying with it and playing very hard they had their kid's fired up and ready to Play. For the Devil's they need to get healthy best d- lineman was only able to play about half the snap's tonight. I expect they will rest him next week at least I hope so. Got to stay healthy to pull this thing off this Year.GO DEVIL'S

On 9/24/2021 at 11:10 PM, blitzinbuc said:

DB and SH are two of the most overrated teams in the state. When they come up against any team with a pulse they lose, even if it's a lot smaller school they're playing.

Speaking of pulses, you might want to check yours.  Could be a problem with the blood flow to your brain. 

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Speaking of pulses, you might want to check yours.  Could be a problem with the blood flow to your brain. 

It's obvious to anyone - other than their fans - both DB and SH are huge schools who just can't compete with the big boys in football, even against the much smaller schools.  So maybe the lack of blood flow to the brain belongs to the delusional fans of these schools.  Though you won't admit it, it's a fact  . 

32 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

It's obvious to anyone - other than their fans - both DB and SH are huge schools who just can't compete with the big boys in football, even against the much smaller schools.  So maybe the lack of blood flow to the brain belongs to the delusional fans of these schools.  Though you won't admit it, it's a fact  . 

I'm going to write a book about you.

blitzinbuc is an idiot. 

The End

45 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Losing 35-28 to Maryville last year in the Quarter's wasn't competing?  I like giving DB a hard time but there are a lot of schools that you would classify as not competing if your looking at State championships and having to go through Maryville or Oakland. 

The smaller schools you are talking about aren't your normal small schools either in Alcoa and Greeneville who DB has played the last few years. Both those teams could compete in 6a.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Losing 35-28 to Maryville last year in the Quarter's wasn't competing?  I like giving DB a hard time but there are a lot of schools that you would classify as not competing if your looking at State championships and having to go through Maryville or Oakland. 

The smaller schools you are talking about aren't your normal small schools either in Alcoa and Greeneville who DB has played the last few years. Both those teams could compete in 6a.

If no Maryville or Oakland or if DB was in the West they would have played in several championship games.

Great post Swipes.

Edited by noonesfool
  • Like 1