Haywood vs Jackson Northside

Kruger77

15 hours ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

I think it’ll be closer then everyone thinks. We can shut down the run it’s the passing game I’m weary about. I say we win 31-21 

I think it will be a fairly close game as well.  I don't know much about North Side, but I do expect the Indians to be a lot like Melrose.  I think the Tomcats have been playing well, but like you, I'm a little worried about our pass defense.   I also worry about snaps, penalties, and unforced errors.

As you mentioned in a previous post, this is an important region game.  North Side will come to play, and  I believe the Indians will give us all they've got.  Hopefully, this will be the week the Tomcats put it all together and give it all they've got.

Fun Facts:

Records:  North Side 4-2 (2-0  Region 7-4A), Haywood 5-0 (2-0 Region 7-4A)
Week 6 Results:  North Side defeated Liberty 48-0,  Haywood defeated Melrose 43-20
Coaches: Haywood - Chris Smith, 3rd season (27-6), North Side - Jesse Powell, 4th season (24-15)
Haywood is averaging 40.4 points a game while giving up an average of  8.2, AvgMV 32.2
North Side is averaging 28 points a game while giving up an average of 22.33, AvgMV 5.7
Haywood's opponents have a record of 8-20
North Side's opponents have a record of 22-12
Series:  Haywood leads the series 21-12-0.  Haywood has won the last 4 meetings.
Last Meeting:  Haywood defeated North Side 34-14 on August 30, 2019. The two teams did not meet last year due to JMCS Covid policies.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stacmot said:

I think it will be a fairly close game as well.  I don't know much about North Side, but I do expect the Indians to be a lot like Melrose.  I think the Tomcats have been playing well, but like you, I'm a little worried about our pass defense.   I also worry about snaps, penalties, and unforced errors.

As you mentioned in a previous post, this is an important region game.  North Side will come to play, and  I believe the Indians will give us all they've got.  Hopefully, this will be the week the Tomcats put it all together and give it all they've got.

Fun Facts:

Records:  North Side 4-2 (2-0  Region 7-4A), Haywood 5-0 (2-0 Region 7-4A)
Week 6 Results:  North Side defeated Liberty 48-0,  Haywood defeated Melrose 43-20
Coaches: Haywood - Chris Smith, 3rd season (27-6), North Side - Jesse Powell, 4th season (24-15)
Haywood is averaging 40.4 points a game while giving up an average of  8.2, AvgMV 32.2
North Side is averaging 28 points a game while giving up an average of 22.33, AvgMV 5.7
Haywood's opponents have a record of 8-20
North Side's opponents have a record of 22-12
Series:  Haywood leads the series 21-12-0.  Haywood has won the last 4 meetings.
Last Meeting:  Haywood defeated North Side 34-14 on August 30, 2019. The two teams did not meet last year due to JMCS Covid policies.  

Good info I am still waiting on Haywood to play a perfect game. If they do this want even be close. I saw Northside play at the Jamboree. They don't have the athletes to play four quarters with Haywood.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, 802Tomcat said:

Good info I am still waiting on Haywood to play a perfect game. If they do this want even be close. I saw Northside play at the Jamboree. They don't have the athletes to play four quarters with Haywood.

Perfect game won't happen, lol. People tend to forget Haywood is very young. Start a ton of sophs and first timers on both sides of the ball, including qb and center. A good mix of veterans with a lot of experience helps though. Right now, Haywood is winning ugly while they gain experience - which is better than losing while gaining experience. Falling behind against Melrose will help bring them back to earth. I look for them to be ready against Northside. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Yeah, I'm buying what you are offering , Stacmot. I'd love to see our two teams meet undefeated later this season. We will see how it all turns out. 

I'd like to see a battle of unbeatens as well, but we've got some big games between now and then.  Haywood  has North Side, Lake Co, and South Gibson.  All three of those games are going to be tough, and Haywood doesn't have a very good track record against South Gibson.  The Cats need to stay focused and take it one game at a time.

Although I think North Side is playing much better ball than they were when they played Covington, it will be interesting to see how our game with the Indians will turn out.  North Side is the only common opponent we have.  I know you can't really compare games and opponents, but I'd still like a look as to how we fare against North Side in relation to the Chargers.

Stay focused Tomcats...one game at a time!  Let us armchair quarterbacks and Monday morning coaches be the ones to veer off track.

Edited by stacmot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Say, Haywood fans, what about Ford investing in the Stanton Megasite as just announced today. I probably live closer than some of you, but we will all see big effects from this decision. 

We live in interesting times.

Yeah I'm taking this will be in the southern portion of Haywood County along I-40 near the rest stop at MM 43? If so, I would have to imagine the enrollment for Haywood, Fayette-Ware, any of the Tipton Schools, and potentially Bolivar will go up. 6,000 new jobs is impressive!

3 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Yeah I'm taking this will be in the southern portion of Haywood County along I-40 near the rest stop at MM 43? If so, I would have to imagine the enrollment for Haywood, Fayette-Ware, any of the Tipton Schools, and potentially Bolivar will go up. 6,000 new jobs is impressive!

Already hearing there may be some investment in new facilities.