Haywood vs Jackson Northside

Kruger77

Brownsville/Haywood County will benefit from this, but I believe Fayette County and Tipton County will benefit the most.  Anyone who might move into the area to work at Ford will more than likely choose to live in Fayette or Tipton County.  Why?  A higher standard of living, better real estate market, better schools, proximity to Memphis (doctors, medical facilities. shopping, food and entertainment).  Haywood County should reap some of the economic and job benefits, but I don't see a large increase in population or small businesses.  I'm glad Ford chose us, and I'm happy for SW Tennessee.  I just hope Haywood County will benefit more than I think it will.

@TryNotToSuck I haven't read many comments from you about the North Side - Haywood game.  What are your thoughts?

2 hours ago, stacmot said:

Brownsville/Haywood County will benefit from this, but I believe Fayette County and Tipton County will benefit the most.  Anyone who might move into the area to work at Ford will more than likely choose to live in Fayette or Tipton County.  Why?  A higher standard of living, better real estate market, better schools, proximity to Memphis (doctors, medical facilities. shopping, food and entertainment).  Haywood County should reap some of the economic and job benefits, but I don't see a large increase in population or small businesses.  I'm glad Ford chose us, and I'm happy for SW Tennessee.  I just hope Haywood County will benefit more than I think it will.

@TryNotToSuck I haven't read many comments from you about the North Side - Haywood game.  What are your thoughts?

Those things can and probably will change.

Haywood County will be an entirely different community in 15-20 years because of this. Don't get me wrong, it will always have its roots, but this is major. Almost like Williamson County going from bumpkinville to well-to-do suburbs type of major. I don't think proximity to Memphis is that big of a deal in this case, most of Tipton and Fayette counties are an eternity from Memphis too, but yall are the ones with I-40 working in your favor. 

Anyway, I'm not trying to hijack this thread. Good luck against North Side. 

28 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

Those things can and probably will change.

Haywood County will be an entirely different community in 15-20 years because of this. Don't get me wrong, it will always have its roots, but this is major. Almost like Williamson County going from bumpkinville to well-to-do suburbs type of major. I don't think proximity to Memphis is that big of a deal in this case, most of Tipton and Fayette counties are an eternity from Memphis too, but yall are the ones with I-40 working in your favor. 

Anyway, I'm not trying to hijack this thread. Good luck against North Side. 

I hope you're right and thanks.  Good luck against Springfield.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stacmot said:

I looked at offensive numbers to judge how good North Side is. North Side only scored 30+ points just one time. That was a prayer against South Gibson. We scored a 42-45 yard touchdown pass with 5 seconds left to win the game. That got us to 30 points. Haywood, has scored 30+ points 4 times. I'll even take it a step further for the Tomcats, they have scored 40+ points four times.

North Side was the team that nobody picked to be second in this district. I had them finishing 3rd. They have the most underrated player in the district in Isaiah Reed (#65). How many people know he is going to Louisville to play football? Hardly anybody... DeCameron DeMoss (#6) picked up an offer from Tennessee State the other day. They do have athletes. 

BUTTT, they lack special teams. They lack creativity on offense. Their offensive playbook is monotonous and boring. It's the same 10-15 plays. QB doesn't have the best arm in velocity. Studying film is the study guide to the test. Simple.

This is not a big physical football team, they're pretty small. They have been pretty small for a while. Why am I not convince in Jesse Powell? Why do I not believe in the guy? It's the same 7-3/6-4 season with a potential win in the first round and exit in the second round. North Side is 1-10 I believe against teams that finished with a record of .500 or better since the 2019 season. The lone with was against South Gibson this year. That record is approaching Mickey Marley territory when he was at USJ.

Haywood will win this game with ease, 42-20.

Edited by TryNotToSuck
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I look at offensive numbers to judge how good North Side is. North Side only scored 30+ points just one time. That was a prayer against South Gibson. We scored a 42-45 yard touchdown pass with 5 seconds left to win the game. That got us to 30 points. Haywood, has scored 30+ points 4 times. I'll even take it a step further for the Tomcats, they have scored 40+ points four times.

North Side was the team that nobody picked to be second in this district. I had them finishing 3rd. They have the most underrated Thplayer in the district in Isaiah Reed (#65). How many people know he is going to Louisville to play football? Hardly anybody... DeCameron DeMoss (#6) picked up an offer from Tennessee State the other day. They do have athletes. 

BUTTT, they lack special teams. They lack creativity on offense. Their offensive playbook is monotonous and boring. It's the same 10-15 plays. QB doesn't have the best arm in velocity. Studying film is the study guide to the test. Simple.

This is not a big physical football team, they're pretty small. They have been pretty small for a while. Why am I not convince in Jesse Powell? Why do I not believe in the guy? It's the same 7-3/6-4 season with a potential win in the first round and exit in the second round. North Side is 1-10 I believe against teams that finished with a record of .500 or better since the 2019 season. The lone with was against South Gibson this year. That record is approaching Mickey Marley territory when he was at USJ.

Thanks for your thoughts.  I know you know the North Side program better than the rest of us.

11 minutes ago, stacmot said:

Thanks for your thoughts.  I know you know the North Side program better than the rest of us.

Again, Haywood is going to be fine in this game. I do believe Powell first year at North Side was in 2018. We lost to Haywood 33-12 and 34-14. The most points Powell scored in a lost was 34 to Springfield. When Powell doesn't score 22 points, his record is at 1-14. When his team scored 34 points, his record is at 17-1. I don't see the Indians scoring 34 points, when they barely scored 30 against South Gibson.

Edited by TryNotToSuck

20 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I looked at offensive numbers to judge how good North Side is. North Side only scored 30+ points just one time. That was a prayer against South Gibson. We scored a 42-45 yard touchdown pass with 5 seconds left to win the game. That got us to 30 points. Haywood, has scored 30+ points 4 times. I'll even take it a step further for the Tomcats, they have scored 40+ points four times.

North Side was the team that nobody picked to be second in this district. I had them finishing 3rd. They have the most underrated player in the district in Isaiah Reed (#65). How many people know he is going to Louisville to play football? Hardly anybody... DeCameron DeMoss (#6) picked up an offer from Tennessee State the other day. They do have athletes. 

I knew Reed was going to Louisville. He’s a good player. Congrats to Moss for his offer from Tn. state. Being you mention it, I will say Northside need a bigger playbook. I bet there some more guys on that team that can make a play. 

8 minutes ago, Tigersandcats said:

I knew Reed was going to Louisville. He’s a good player. Congrats to Moss for his offer from Tn. state. Being you mention it, I will say Northside need a bigger playbook. I bet there some more guys on that team that can make a play. 

It’s just I have a thing with coaches that grew up playing on the offensive line and their style of play. I don’t like it.

On 9/27/2021 at 5:09 AM, CHARGERFAN said:

Sonny_Moore predicts Haywood by 27

Massey says Haywood 38 NS 21

I think my neighbors in Haywood County walk away in sole possession of first place in the Region.

The Jackson Sun's prediction:  Haywood 35, North Side 24
The Sun was pretty much spot-on with their Haywood-Melrose prediction last week.  Will the Sun be on the money again this week?

Edited by stacmot

If they are hurting on special teams, that could be a deal breaker for Jackson Northside. Haywood has a kicker with 100 career touchbacks, which negates field position for opponents. He also does an exceptional job punting. Haywood will not let you just kick it out of bounds. They will make you give them. a chance for a return. This killed Melrose's chances. Haywood can stop the run. To beat them, you have to be able to throw consistently.