Week 7: Fayetteville visits Cornersville

MC4FHS

On 9/27/2021 at 12:22 PM, GreatTiger said:

City is on another level compared to Cornersville, this year.  It may be a tough region game, much like Moore County, but the end should be the same. Fayetteville is better that Clay Co, in my opinion, and Clay took them to the woodshed.   I just hope we can start hot and take homefield advantage away. The Tigers need to assert dominance over this rival from the opening kick.   

You might want to reevaluate that statement about Fayetteville being better than Clay County this year.

12 hours ago, HevyReturns said:

:popcorneater: 

12 hours ago, BossDog said:

Cornersville should have won this game. Fayetteville is not well coached at all, they look like a 6A team and play like a a good 1A team and wouldn’t say a great one. Fayetteville also deserved every penalty they got and I still don’t believe they got as many as they should have gotten. 

We are well coached and team showed great discipline in 4th quarter! Would have been easy to lose your cool. Only player ejected wasn’t from Fayetteville!

2 hours ago, BossDog said:

Fayetteville shouldn’t even have a close game all year. Y’all are basically Lincoln County high school playing 1A ball. But here we are barley escaping beating 1A Cornersville. Kuddos to the Cornersville kids they fought all night long making Fayetteville earn everything they got.They haven’t been hit like that all year long.

Haven't been hit like that all year long? What happened in the Upperman game then?

It's great to have some of the Fayetteville haters back. The Tigers have been called classless for years. I remember a few years back when Cornersville made it to the state championship and several of our players traveled to the game to support them because they represented our region. The Tigers knew not to expect the same from them last year. Why? Some of you know the answer to that question. The hatred for our team runs deep. The Tigers will continue to move forward and use the hatred they hear from your players and your fans as motivation. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, tiger355 said:

It's great to have some of the Fayetteville haters back. The Tigers have been called classless for years. I remember a few years back when Cornersville made it to the state championship and several of our players traveled to the game to support them because they represented our region. The Tigers knew not to expect the same from them last year. Why? Some of you know the answer to that question. The hatred for our team runs deep. The Tigers will continue to move forward and use the hatred they hear from your players and your fans as motivation. 

It’s not that deep bro. 

On 10/1/2021 at 11:09 PM, BossDog said:

Cornersville should have won this game. Fayetteville is not well coached at all, they look like a 6A team and play like a a good 1A team and wouldn’t say a great one. Fayetteville also deserved every penalty they got and I still don’t believe they got as many as they should have gotten. 

Disagree respectfully. Cornersville offense didn’t even score they got shut out all 4 quarters. To go on the road in that environment and win is not easy to do but that’s what great coached teams and championship caliber teams do. Fayetteville did have a couple deserved flags but they were getting cheated for the lack of a better word more times than not. Cornersville is not well coached and it shows. They have a player ejected, they kept trying to run east and west on a Defense who is “6a” fast and never tried to make adjustments. The only time they tried to pass was on obvious downs that’s poor coaching. Fayetteville also looked to be missing some players with noticeably missing there star RB if he plays the score could’ve been a lot worse 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, TheSkipBayless said:

Disagree respectfully. Cornersville offense didn’t even score they got shut out all 4 quarters. To go on the road in that environment and win is not easy to do but that’s what great coached teams and championship caliber teams do. Fayetteville did have a couple deserved flags but they were getting cheated for the lack of a better word more times than not. Cornersville is not well coached and it shows. They have a player ejected, they kept trying to run east and west on a Defense who is “6a” fast and never tried to make adjustments. The only time they tried to pass was on obvious downs that’s poor coaching. Fayetteville also looked to be missing some players with noticeably missing there star RB if he plays the score could’ve been a lot worse 

As an interested observer I’ll say that Cornersville absolutely didn’t deserve to win the game at least offensively everything they got was given to them by City from Penalties they committed extending drives etc but to compare City’s team speed on defense to 6a is laughable it’s nowhere close.

Cornersville did have a great game plan defensively and that front 7 is good. They seem to be the top 2 teams from the region and Cornersville’s defense will keep them in any game!

Congrats to City on the win. Best of luck to you and I hope cornersville gets another shot at them in the playoffs. To say Cornersvilles offense is lack luster is an understatement. The Defense on the other hand is pretty strong! That Defensive staff really puts in the work! They've only had one bad game all year. When Cornersville finds there offense this team is going to be very hard to handle for other teams!  City is a very athletic team, they have a lot of Jimmy's and Joe's. Cornersville's kids were going both ways all night and special teams. City definitely don't like benning banged on all night. City is able to sub and keep there guys fresh. That is the difference in this game. #7 for City is a play maker. I will give it to City coaching staff for pretty much only using him late in the game on offense. One big run in the 2nd for a TD but didn't use him again until the 4th. I believe City had 13 penalties, and 9 of those were personal fouls. That is undisciplined! Cornersville only had 3 or 4. Unfortunately the last and only major penalty for cornersville is going to cost one of their seniors because of the ejection. Cornersville's QB got his first start of the season and is just a sophomore. He moved the offense well for the most part. Unfortunately just not into the endzone. Really would like to see these two in the 3rd round!

12 hours ago, BBRaider said:

As an interested observer I’ll say that Cornersville absolutely didn’t deserve to win the game at least offensively everything they got was given to them by City from Penalties they committed extending drives etc but to compare City’s team speed on defense to 6a is laughable it’s nowhere close.

Cornersville did have a great game plan defensively and that front 7 is good. They seem to be the top 2 teams from the region and Cornersville’s defense will keep them in any game!

Just my point exactly reason being I put  “6a” meaning it in a smart remark because the comparison was made to them looking like a 6a team when they don’t. they have really good size but they don’t have 6a size across the board either. 

If they meet again and Fayetteville gets their RB back it won’t be as close of a game and Cornersville still won’t be able to score offensively. that game would be in Fayetteville as well so no home cooking for Cornersville either one would think. 

13 minutes ago, TheSkipBayless said:

Just my point exactly reason being I put  “6a” meaning it in a smart remark because the comparison was made to them looking like a 6a team when they don’t. they have really good size but they don’t have 6a size across the board either. 

If they meet again and Fayetteville gets their RB back it won’t be as close of a game and Cornersville still won’t be able to score offensively. that game would be in Fayetteville as well so no home cooking for Cornersville either one would think. 

Why didn’t they running back play ?