Week 7: Fayetteville visits Cornersville

MC4FHS

14 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

McKenzie was the second best 2A team in the state last year and had Peabody on the walking plank late in the 4th very late I might add. They returned a ton of players. You would think some posters would educate themselves before posting. Maybe they are educated on McKenzie and think they don’t have anything! Who knows? Boy are they in for a rude awakening :popcorneater:

Maybe they were being fascetious?

1 hour ago, GreatTiger said:

Did anyone see the CV game with Clay?  Were there players out due to Covid or anything that would make a big difference in the outcome?  I never expected the Dawgs to take that beating and I can't get my head around it.  I mean no disrespect to Clay.  They seem to be a good team.

There was a few key players out that week for Cornersville. But I guess nobody remembers this game was only 14-7 last year and Cornersville had multiple opportunities to win that game.  I also think Cornersville is a better team this year. 

On 9/26/2021 at 6:54 PM, Varo said:

I have to disagree with you @TheTruthHurts22.  Don't forget this match up will be at Cornersville.  With the home field advantage they always seem to have, I think it will be more like 32 to 0 City 'cause you know we'll get one called back.  Maybe the refs will keep the Dawgs from using the Suplex for this game.  

I remember watching that from last years game.  That was vicious lol, and bad timing.  Here the way I see this game going.  If FC can score every time they have the ball,  then it shouldn’t be a problem.  I don’t expect a blowout, especially if CV executes well their style of game play. Methodically moving the ball down the field. My guy says:

FC - 34

CV - 22

2 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I remember watching that from last years game.  That was vicious lol, and bad timing.  Here the way I see this game going.  If FC can score every time they have the ball,  then it shouldn’t be a problem.  I don’t expect a blowout, especially if CV executes well their style of game play. Methodically moving the ball down the field. My guy says:

FC - 34

CV - 22

I just don't see Cornersville scoring 22 points. Clay held them to 12 (yet it somehow still ranked behind Cornersville in the AP) and one of those scores was a kickoff return giving them first and goal. Cornersville just doesn't have the passing necessary to keep the box from being loaded all night.

2 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Maybe I was just thinking out loud. I know they want a shot at Peabody but McKenzie is the real deal. I will gladly eat my crow if I’m wrong

I can dig it, but realistically, to get to Peabody, you have to go through Mackenzie, and to get to Mackenzie, we have to make it past the first two rounds. One game at a time, starting on Friday. Peabody doesn't exist (saying that fascetiously).

2 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

FC - 34

CV - 22

@PiRaTe._.Mike, I'll be happy with a W, no matter what the spread is.  It's just better when you can brag a little after the fact. But if CV puts 22 on us, it'll be because our fourth string couldn't tie their cleats or find the field.

41 minutes ago, Varo said:

I can dig it, but realistically, to get to Peabody, you have to go through Mackenzie, and to get to Mackenzie, we have to make it past the first two rounds. One game at a time, starting on Friday. Peabody doesn't exist (saying that fascetiously).

That’s right and it’s the same process for Peabody got to win what’s in front of us first 

9 hours ago, OldTownRoad said:

I just don't see Cornersville scoring 22 points. Clay held them to 12 (yet it somehow still ranked behind Cornersville in the AP) and one of those scores was a kickoff return giving them first and goal. Cornersville just doesn't have the passing necessary to keep the box from being loaded all night.

6 hours ago, Varo said:

@PiRaTe._.Mike, I'll be happy with a W, no matter what the spread is.  It's just better when you can brag a little after the fact. But if CV puts 22 on us, it'll be because our fourth string couldn't tie their cleats or find the field.

I completely agree with both of you.  With Cornersville they seem to get really luck and so I decided to give them 8 more pts than I really wanted.  How’s this look:

FC - 34

CV - 14