COVINGTON @ DYERSBURG - Oct. 1

CHARGERFAN

7 minutes ago, mg said:

I am sure that the Dyersburg “d” is glad they got to see that offense change up, as they will need to work a lot on that before they meet again.  Dyersburg “d” is to be commended as they have improved over last year. 

Covington is well coached and had a lot of weapons.  I know that Dyersburg schedule does not win any strength of schedule awards,  but tonight, Dyersburg proved they are a good team. 

Great post. A long time friend of mine told me several weeks ago that DBurg was good. He knows football and I believed him. He is pretty close to the program as well. Now, lets see if DBurg can get that playoff monkey off its back. There have been a bunch of years in the past that DBurg played lights out throughout the regular season and get smacked early in the playoffs. I think they need to add some wrinkles to the offense and maybe a little more tricks to get with the treats. 

18 minutes ago, 00Chargers said:

I watched the replay….go check it out on Facebook Covington Gridiron page…the kicker slipped and flopped….horrible call! That gave them the game. Good night!

I did as you requested and went back and watched the replay. It was close as to whether or not he made contact with the kicker. The view was from up in the press box and so I could t tell. I admit it may be possible he did but at the same time it was possible he did. Funny thing was your own announcer who was showing the Facebook feed said he touched him at least 4-5 times. 

Dyersburg wins. I’m not sure the refs messed up. I do know that they affected the outcome. Video will tell the tale, but in high school football there is no instant replay and no challenge to the officials’ calls. What is called on the field is what you have to live with. 

Covington will have to regroup and get ready for the playoffs. We also have 4 more regular season games to play, including a game at Haywood. 

3 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Dyersburg wins. I’m not sure the refs messed up. I do know that they affected the outcome. Video will tell the tale, but in high school football there is no instant replay and no challenge to the officials’ calls. What is called on the field is what you have to live with. 

Covington will have to regroup and get ready for the playoffs. We also have 4 more regular season games to play, including a game at Haywood. 

Y'all better pack a lunch! They are salty! 

14 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Yo, calm down man. Are you okay? I know people get emotional and fired up about games, but calling the refs " stupid idiots " is going too far. If you want to say they suck at their job, cool. My question would be have you ever been a ref? Have you ever reffed a highly contested ball game? Refs are going to make mistakes, miss holds, and give bad spots. Covington should not have left the game up to the refs. They should have come in and handled business. I used to be the same way you are until someone called me out and asked me those exact same questions. The T$$AA has a hard enough time finding officials already! 

Haha, I’ve calmed down…..for the record I said striped idiots not stupid…yes, I’ve been fired up for an hour but the drive home has cooled me down and I’m ready to move on. There were way too many one-sided calls in this game though…as a matter of fact I don’t believe Dyersburg had any penalties. But I digress, on to the next one. As for the refs, you can tell that they are having issues with staffing as many games are short refs, probably makes for some green ones that are allowed mistakes, just stinks to be on the losing side of it. 

This was an amazing hard fought game by 2 contenders for 4 quarters, this game was physical fast and fun to watch ! I don’t think I could be mad about this loss or overly confident about this win ! Both teams showed up and showed out !!!

I say be proud of a hard fought loss when your all was given !

be humble in a hard fought win when it coulda went the other way !

and God Bless our folks that go out and wear the black and white strips, they are humans, they are someone’s father,son or grandpa ! 
I wouldn’t wanna do their job so I won’t degrade them !!!

There are a lot of posts about Dyersburg getting put out early in the playoffs. Go back and check the games if you want the truth. They have been put out by the team that went and played for it at least  5 or 6 times in the last 7 or 8 years. They scheduled 2, 5A teams in the first 4 weeks and three time state champs Trenton in game 5 who chickened out and backed out of the game.  Granted they haven’t been to the game but how many west TN teams have?  Maybe this is the year will be their year. Thank goodness all the Yappers here that know it all have nothing to do with the actual games. How bout cheer for your kids and all the kids out there selling out to play the greatest game on earth!  Football Makes Men!!

5 minutes ago, 00Chargers said:

Haha, I’ve calmed down…..for the record I said striped idiots not stupid…yes, I’ve been fired up for an hour but the drive home has cooled me down and I’m ready to move on. There were way too many one-sided calls in this game though…as a matter of fact I don’t believe Dyersburg had any penalties. But I digress, on to the next one. As for the refs, you can tell that they are having issues with staffing as many games are short refs, probably makes for some green ones that are allowed mistakes, just stinks to be on the losing side of it. 

Thank you sir! You are the man. Are you sure that DBurg did not have 1 flag go against them? I know that when they bring in new officials they only do it in the regular season. Poor guys get cussed, threatened, and screamed at all night for 100 bucks.... Sheww. No wonder they can not find officials! 

2 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Thank you sir! You are the man. Are you sure that DBurg did not have 1 flag go against them? I know that when they bring in new officials they only do it in the regular season. Poor guys get cussed, threatened, and screamed at all night for 100 bucks.... Sheww. No wonder they can not find officials! 

Dburg did have flags thrown on them. 2 on the first drive by Covington. 

12 minutes ago, Dadofmandingo said:

There are a lot of posts about Dyersburg getting put out early in the playoffs. Go back and check the games if you want the truth. They have been put out by the team that went and played for it at least  5 or 6 times in the last 7 or 8 years. They scheduled 2, 5A teams in the first 4 weeks and three time state champs Trenton in game 5 who chickened out and backed out of the game.  Granted they haven’t been to the game but how many west TN teams have?  Maybe this is the year will be their year. Thank goodness all the Yappers here that know it all have nothing to do with the actual games. How bout cheer for your kids and all the kids out there selling out to play the greatest game on earth!  Football Makes Men!!

2020 - 2nd round

2019 - 1st round 

2018 - 3rd round

2017 - 2nd round

2016 - 3rd round

2015 - 1st round

2014 - 2nd round

2013 - 3rd round

2012 - 1st round

2011 - 1st round 

This is the truth that people are talking about. For the last 10 years, yall average going to the 2nd round of the playoffs. Some years the 3rd, some the 1st. 

It is quite impressive that Y'all have made the playoffs every single year for the last 10 years! I wonder how many teams can say that! It is hard to kiss the prom queen if you do not go to the dance! 

Edited by ManOfMillions

Just now, ManOfMillions said:

2020 - 2nd round

2019 - 1st round 

2018 - 3rd round

2017 - 2nd round

2016 - 3rd round

2015 - 1st round

2014 - 2nd round

2013 - 3rd round

2012 - 1st round

2011 - 1st round 

This is the truth that people are talking about. For the last 10 years, yall average going to the 2nd round of the playoffs. Some years the 3rd, some the 1st. 

And what I said was look at who they lost to. Over half of those losses came from the team who went and played for the state championship. Means you lost to one of the 2 best teams in the state. No shame in that.