COVINGTON @ DYERSBURG - Oct. 1

CHARGERFAN

5 minutes ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

I've talked to an official who does football and he said the memo was sent to schools about the potential of games being moved up to Thursday's due to lack of officiating. If they decline the option, they are running the risk of not having a game on selected weeks. There has been multiple girls soccer games in West Tennessee that have been cancelled (or moved) due to lack of officiating. I know Gibson County, Crockett County, Peabody, Adamsville, South Gibson, Scotts Hill, and Milan (among others) that have been a victim of that. Gibson County and Crockett County have had to move multiple games due to lack of officating.

2 hours ago, 00Chargers said:

Thank you for saying that with no partiality. Covington had a region championship taken from them tonight by them striped idiots. The missed field goal was the end of the game. Honestly, I don’t think Dyersburg had any penalties called against them.

Can Covington still not win the region? Wasn't that just our first region loss. If Dyersburg losses a region game would we tie?  

57 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

I understand your point. However, people thinking that a game is rigged, or the officials had it out for the Chargers is silly. Covington will get a chance to play DBurg again. Settle the score then. 

Not saying that at all. It's just frustrating when it's called one way. Covington had the opportunitys to win, just hate that alot of the calls were made in big play moments, and had big effects on momentum. 

1 minute ago, TENNFOOTBALL88 said:

Can Covington still not win the region? Wasn't that just our first region loss. If Dyersburg losses a region game would we tie?  

Dyersburg would have to lose twice for Covington to win the region. If Dyersburg loses 1 game they hold the head to head over Covington 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dadofmandingo said:

When I say in the first post that the team they lost to went and played for it. The “it” is the state championship game

Guess I’m bored. lol. Here is who they lost to that went and played for it

11. Lost to Covington who played for it

14. Lost to trezvent who played for it

16. Lost to Liberty who played for it

18. Lost to Haywood who played for it

20. Lost to Haywood who played for it

so 5 out of the last 9 years they have put out by one of the teams that played for the state championship. Enough work for tonight lol. Congrats to all the young men in the state that put it on the line tonight whether they won or lost. They all won!!

10 minutes ago, ChargerFan7465 said:

Not saying that at all. It's just frustrating when it's called one way. Covington had the opportunitys to win, just hate that alot of the calls were made in big play moments, and had big effects on momentum. 

NO DOUBT!!! I never want to see the officials dictate a game. If you will notice on several of my post throughout the T, you will always see me wish for a healthy, clean, that is decided by the refs! 

• Upvote 1