Memphis teams

I kept hearing how much of a disadvantage Memphis teams were at in the beginning of the season. But as the season goes on is that turning around? I figure the kids who didn't play last year might be more fresh by the end of the season and into the playoffs? Probably will have more of an impact on the larger classes just a thought I had. 

1 hour ago, WarEagleCartman said:

I kept hearing how much of a disadvantage Memphis teams were at in the beginning of the season. But as the season goes on is that turning around? I figure the kids who didn't play last year might be more fresh by the end of the season and into the playoffs? Probably will have more of an impact on the larger classes just a thought I had. 

Hard to get any representation out of those teams as not many fans post. We really don't know until they play someone who posts on here to give an assessment.

4 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

I have noticed Whitehaven is taking some lumps and they didn’t play last year. Germantown and Collierville doing better and did play last year. Just an observation. 

12 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I have noticed Whitehaven is taking some lumps and they didn’t play last year. Germantown and Collierville doing better and did play last year. Just an observation. 

Whitehaven is a bit puzzling regardless if they played last year or not. It's just weird to see them with a .500 record this late into the season. They have to be down in talent at least a little this year. I guess where I was getting at is the year off might be a positive in the long run for the better teams anyway. 

29 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Germantown didn't play last year! Also, they are for real! They will at least be in the semi-finals this year.

3 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Whitehaven is a bit puzzling regardless if they played last year or not. It's just weird to see them with a .500 record this late into the season. They have to be down in talent at least a little this year. I guess where I was getting at is the year off might be a positive in the long run for the better teams anyway. 

Just a thought, but those who didn't play last season may have lost some talent to the schools who did play...Memphis, right?

It’s tough to take a look at who is for real and who is not. One team that I’ll keep an eye out for is MAHS (2A). They are 4-1 I believe and took Brighton (5A) down to the end. They lost 38-34 but I heard they were down as much as 24-0 in the first half. They do have a player that is going to Tennessee, and other players that have interest going elsewhere.

I’ve been looking closely at Memphis teams and determine who’s good and who isn’t. MAHS is the only team that I have a potential to make a deep run at the playoffs. But Ridgeway hasn’t impressed me and Kirby doesn’t have an offense to get passed Fayette Ware and Haywood. 
Kirby and Fayette Ware will play Friday in Somerville. That’s huge for Region 8-4A standings. Other than that, it’s just inner city teams beating up on other inner city teams. Melrose is starting to be a respectable football team again.