Desean Bishop's quest for 3000 yards

eyeinthesky

2 minutes ago, PostingGawd39 said:

What a special talent. I think that he should perhaps consider sitting next year out and saving his body for college. He has taken a million handoffs as a high schooler and the college game is going to be a grind. No sense in wasting his body for a 6-4 season! IMO JMO. 

I am also curious what everyone else thinks about the level of competition. If he played 6A ball, I'm not so sure he would crack 1,000 yards. Would be interesting to see. :popcorneater:

Jalen Hurd's collarbone injury might have been the best thing that happened to him his last year at Beech. Gave him a year off to rehabilitate and get ready for college ball.

I think what helps in Bishop's case is that Karns has a pretty manageable schedule. The only team they play with a defensive pulse this year is Oak Ridge. If they were playing 6A ball, I think it would depend on the region they ended up in. I'm not sure it would be a lot different if they ended up in region 1, but region 2 would be a different story.

6 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Jalen Hurd's collarbone injury might have been the best thing that happened to him his last year at Beech. Gave him a year off to rehabilitate and get ready for college ball.

I think what helps in Bishop's case is that Karns has a pretty manageable schedule. The only team they play with a defensive pulse this year is Oak Ridge. If they were playing 6A ball, I think it would depend on the region they ended up in. I'm not sure it would be a lot different if they ended up in region 1, but region 2 would be a different story.

Couldn't agree more, OSU. Those 5A defenses are an absolute train wreck. Coach Shadowens could rush for 1K in some of those regions. I think if he was at the 6A level in Region 2 or 3 (not Region 1-6A aka the ACC) specifically, he'd hit 1500. Depends on the non-region competition though as well, I suppose.

If I were him or his parents, I would sit next year or try my damndest to enroll early. Maybe take an NIL deal with his 5Star fan boy, Jesse.

Edited by FilmCzar
  • Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, PostingGawd39 said:

I am thinking he'd probably be 50-90 yards a game less. Roughly 600 yards less for the season. Consider that Morristown West and Farragut played 5A just before going up to 6A and scored 15 and 11 points more per game than they have in 6A ball. There is a GULF between the classifications IMO

Wouldn't he have a 6A offensive line to run behind as well?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FilmCzar said:

Dy'Shawn also played a much much much tougher schedule. Go look at it. 

I don't have to look at it. I did radio play by play for every yard he gained in his high school career at Powell.  I was there for them all.  

Wasn't comparing he and Bishop as players.  Simply stating how monumental a task a 3K yard season is.  

Edited by HTV

1 hour ago, PostingGawd39 said:

What a special talent. I think that he should perhaps consider sitting next year out and saving his body for college. He has taken a million handoffs as a high schooler and the college game is going to be a grind. No sense in wasting his body for a 6-4 season! IMO JMO. 

I am also curious what everyone else thinks about the level of competition. If he played 6A ball, I'm not so sure he would crack 1,000 yards. Would be interesting to see. :popcorneater:

5A in the Knox area is no cakewalk. Take away Maryville and it is every bit as strong as 6A in East Tennessee.  

31 minutes ago, HTV said:

I don't have to look at it. I did radio play by play for every yard he gained in his high school career at Powell.  I was there for them all.  

Wasn't comparing he and Bishop as players.  Simply stating how monumental a task a 3K yard season is.  

28 minutes ago, HTV said:

5A in the Knox area is no cakewalk. Take away Maryville and it is every bit as strong as 6A in East Tennessee.  

Which 5A teams are you referring to when you say that it is no cakewalk? Outside of Knox West, 5A teams don't really play defense from the footage I have viewed. 6A is just a totally different ballgame when it comes to scheme and coaching. It is pretty obvious to even the most novice football person.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HTV said:

Come on man. Central/Halls/etc. would go 2-8 with a Farragut schedule. DB and Science Hill would win Region 2 or 3 in 5A year in and year out with the exception of Powell the past 2 years. Don't be silly

12 minutes ago, PostingGawd39 said:

Come on man. Central/Halls/etc. would go 2-8 with a Farragut schedule. DB and Science Hill would win Region 2 or 3 in 5A year in and year out with the exception of Powell the past 2 years. Don't be silly

Science Hill lost badly to 5A Powell and 4A Elizabethton.  

DB was absolutely dominated by 4A Greeneville. 

Farragut lost to 5A West and Beat a 2-3 5A Oak Ridge by 5 points.  

Bearden, Hardin Valley, William Blount - do you really want to go there?  

Take out Maryville and there's little difference in 5A and 6A in East Tennessee.  

2 minutes ago, HTV said:

Science Hill lost badly to 5A Powell and 4A Elizabethton.  

DB was absolutely dominated by 4A Greeneville. 

Farragut lost to 5A West and Beat a 2-3 5A Oak Ridge by 5 points.  

Bearden, Hardin Valley, William Blount - do you really want to go there?  

Take out Maryville and there's little difference in 5A and 6A in East Tennessee.  

HTV, please go look at Farragut's schedule. And get your head checked. Because you are insane!

• Upvote 2