Gordonsville @ Trousdale

croz6110

15 hours ago, H2Oman said:

I can agree on that… definitely a contender for the number 2 spot. However, I would bet whoever comes out of the west is 3 or 4 TD’s better than anyone in the east.

Peabody and Fayetteville has had some strange scores. I believe they're beatable. I get a feeling it may be like SP last year. I thought that there was no way City would beat them, but they proved everyone wrong.

15 hours ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

I have never fallen into the poll hype. Some teams live or die by them and get caught up in the press. It goes to their heads.

Do I think TC is the 2nd best team in the state? No. I think last week knocked us backwards. I am not taking away from gordy. We didn't play well for 4 quarters.  Gordy is good but not even close to their champ team from 2012. That team would beat this team like a drum. 

I've talked to several people that's watched film and thought TC played their best game yet, especially when it came to effort. 

I absolutely think TC can be the 2nd best team in the state, and we may not be at the level of the 2012 team, but that team in my opinion underwhelmed at times, and I think both classes as a whole are down from that year.

1 hour ago, croz6110 said:

I've talked to several people that's watched film and thought TC played their best game yet, especially when it came to effort. 

I absolutely think TC can be the 2nd best team in the state, and we may not be at the level of the 2012 team, but that team in my opinion underwhelmed at times, and I think both classes as a whole are down from that year.

It makes gordy look better to say TC played their best game yet against you. I disagree. We had way too many penalties and the big fumble. Right now I do not see TC making it to state.

I did not see the 2012 team play live except against us and in the champ game. I did see film but film is not like seeing a team live.  They beat us with Creasy as the coach and 2021 team didn't beat BS.  They also beat FC for their only loss and FC was the 2A state champ team and a region foe as were we. Your 2021 region is soft as a pillow. 

I know your son is on the 2021 team so you are biased and loyal. I get it. 

Edited by jimmycrackedthatcorn

6 hours ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

It makes gordy look better to say TC played their best game yet against you. I disagree. We had way too many penalties and the big fumble. Right now I do not see TC making it to state.

I did not see the 2012 team play live except against us and in the champ game. I did see film but film is not like seeing a team live.  They beat us with Creasy as the coach and 2021 team didn't beat BS.  They also beat FC for their only loss and FC was the 2A state champ team and a region foe as were we. Your 2021 region is soft as a pillow. 

I know your son is on the 2021 team so you are biased and loyal. I get it. 

Sure, they made mistakes, but what I'm saying is TC got up for Friday's games more than others, and the effort was obvious on film. Watching film, there were players who might would take a play off, they didn't against Gville.

As far as comparing 2021 to 2012, I never said we are better than 2012. I said we are not. I did say 2012 underwhelmed, meaning they played a few games that were closer than they should've been. Got beat by SC, and I don't think the playoff games should've been as close as they were.

As far as being biased, I try to be as objective as possible. Yes, my son is on the team, but he's been injured and hasn't played since the first game. We talk about it, and I'm honest, we have a really long way to go to where we need to be. It doesn't mean we won't get there. We are team that is only has 3 seniors getting significant playing time right now, and it shows.

1 minute ago, croz6110 said:

Sure, they made mistakes, but what I'm saying is TC got up for Friday's games more than others, and the effort was obvious on film. Watching film, there were players who might would take a play off, they didn't against Gville.

As far as comparing 2021 to 2012, I never said we are better than 2012. I said we are not. I did say 2012 underwhelmed, meaning they played a few games that were closer than they should've been. Got beat by SC, and I don't think the playoff games should've been as close as they were.

As far as being biased, I try to be as objective as possible. Yes, my son is on the team, but he's been injured and hasn't played since the first game. We talk about it, and I'm honest, we have a really long way to go to where we need to be. It doesn't mean we won't get there. We are team that is only has 3 seniors getting significant playing time right now, and it shows.

Croz, I am sorry that your son is injured and hope he recovers to play in the play-offs. 

Why is the senior class so small? Did you have that many quit or move? 

1 minute ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Croz, I am sorry that your son is injured and hope he recovers to play in the play-offs. 

Why is the senior class so small? Did you have that many quit or move? 

That class has never been big. We actually have 6 seniors on the team. Only 4 were going to start at the beginning of the season. Now, one is injured, and only 3 had started before.

To show they've always been small, in jr. pro they never had more than 5 or 6 inthat class play. 

Plus, there are 3 players at TC that have been in that class at Gville at some point.

20 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

That class has never been big. We actually have 6 seniors on the team. Only 4 were going to start at the beginning of the season. Now, one is injured, and only 3 had started before.

To show they've always been small, in jr. pro they never had more than 5 or 6 inthat class play. 

Plus, there are 3 players at TC that have been in that class at Gville at some point.

We are happy they chose to be with us.