Haywood travels to lake county for a Thursday night show down!

Kruger77

It will be the first meeting between the Lake Co. Falcons and the Haywood High Tomcats.  Coach Puckett who was a former HHS assistant and a former head coach of the Falcons has moved on to Shelbyville.

It's a long trip.  Once you head out of Dyersburg, it seems like you're never going to get there.  Road trips always bring up the question, "where's a good place to eat?"  I like Boyette's,  but I don't think I would want to watch a football game after I had loaded up on  catfish, hush puppies, fries, and onion rings.  It wouldn't be heart healthy either, but I digress.

Not that my opinion matters, but the change in game location is fine with me.  Our schedule was too "home heavy" anyway.  We were in need of more home games on next year's schedule.

That said, I've heard several different versions as to why the location of this game was changed.  Some of the versions make sense, but some of those versions make me wonder if this game will actually  be played.   With that in mind, I'm going to refrain from any more comments about this one until later.

I'd like to hear from some LC fans.

Edited by stacmot

Welcome to lake county! I implore tomcat faithful to come and spend some time in our neck of the woods. We're nestled directly between reelfoot lake and the Mississippi river, spend some time seeing both and enjoy some great food while you're here. There was talk of potentially "buying out" our game with yall and playing obion county central instead. However, lake county has always stood ready for a challenge. We know it's a tall task but games against superior opponents will only help us in the long run. Again, welcome to lake county we look forward to meeting yall!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, truefalconfan said:

Welcome to lake county! I implore tomcat faithful to come and spend some time in our neck of the woods. We're nestled directly between reelfoot lake and the Mississippi river, spend some time seeing both and enjoy some great food while you're here. There was talk of potentially "buying out" our game with yall and playing obion county central instead. However, lake county has always stood ready for a challenge. We know it's a tall task but games against superior opponents will only help us in the long run. Again, welcome to lake county we look forward to meeting yall!

Thanks for the clarification.  Although I won't be making the trip to Tiptonville, I do enjoy visiting the Tiptonville/Reelfoot Lake area.  As I said in a previous post, that part of the trip between D'burg and Tiptonville does seem like it takes forever.  Maybe that's because I usually can't wait to see the scenery and eat some catfish!  Lol

I know that LC is not one to shy away from a challenge.  I just hope the Tomcats will be able to give the Falcons a challenge.  It's Haywood's fall break. and that can be a distraction.  Nevertheless, I believe the Cats' will keep their mind and focus on their mission.

I look forward to these two programs with a long and proud history meeting on the football field for the first time.

Where are the Haywood and Lake Co. posters?  We still have a game don't we?

Haywood (6-0) is averaging 43 ppg while allowing an average of 9.83  ppg.  The average margin of victory is 33.17
Lake Co. (2-2) is averaging 24.50 ppg while allowing an average of 20 ppg.  The average margin of victory is 4.50

Chris Smith is in his 3rd year as head coach of the Tomcats.  His record at Haywood is 28-6.
Cory Quinn is in his 2nd year as head coach of the Falcons.  His record at Lake Co. is 9-7.

Haywood's opponents have a total of 14 wins and 26 loses.
Lake County's opponents have a total of 18 wins and 8 loses.

Haywood played in the 4A semifinals in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020.  Although they came home with the silver, they went on to play in the 4A finals in 2018 and 2020. There are a number of Tomcats on this year's team who have had plenty of experience against some good competition.

Haywood has 2 players on the Tennessee Titans Mr. Football watch list:
Jaylen Lewis and JaKylon Taylor.  Lewis has committed to Arkansas.  

Some other Tomcats to watch are Camron Douglas, Cordero Walker, Anthony Brewer, Reid Russell (K).  I'm sure my fellow Tomcat fans can, and should, add to the list.  They probably have access to the stats as well. I don't.  

Lake County played in the 1A semifinals in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020.  The Falcons advanced to and won the state 1A championship in 2019, so  there should be plenty of Falcons with experience against some good competition as well.

I saw in the Jackson Sun where Jamarius Williams had 273 yards and two touchdowns on 25 carries in Lake County's 26-20 win over West Carroll.  I've heard Jamarius Williams' name before, so I'm sure he is a key Falcon to watch.  

Who are some of the other key players for the Falcons?

Predictions:
Cal Preps - Haywood 35, Lake Co. 6
Massey - Haywood 41, Lake Co. 7

I mentioned in a previous post that both Haywood High and Lake County High have a long and proud history of football.  If you're interested here's some of the history.

The Haywood County High School Tomcats (purple and white) and Carver High School Wildcats (purple and white) consolidated to form Haywood High School (Tomcats, purple and white) in 1970. (Note...the official name of the school is now Haywood High School, NOT Haywood County High School.)  

Haywood County first fielded a football team in 1912.  Looking at the combined records of Haywood County and Haywood High, the Tomcats have won 687 games, lost 397, and tied 32 for a winning percentage of 63%.  The Tomcats have had 74 winning seasons, 31 losing seasons, and 17 ten win seasons.  Haywood has played in 4 state championship games winning 0.  The Tomcats have won 17 district/region championships.

The Tiptonville High School Earthquakes (black and gold) and the Ridgely High Green Wave (green and white) consolidated to form Lake County High School (Falcons, green and gold) in 1963.

Lake Co. first fielded a football team in that year (1963).  Since that time the Falcons have won 411 games, lost 241, and tied 4 for a winning percentage of 63%. The Falcons have had 51 winning seasons, 17 losing seasons, and 14 ten win seasons.  Lake Co. has played in 6 state championship games winning 3.  The Falcons have won 14 district/region championships.

1 hour ago, stacmot said:

Where are the Haywood and Lake Co. posters?  We still have a game don't we?

Haywood (6-0) is averaging 43 ppg while allowing an average of 9.83  ppg.  The average margin of victory is 33.17
Lake Co. (2-2) is averaging 24.50 ppg while allowing an average of 20 ppg.  The average margin of victory is 4.50

Chris Smith is in his 3rd year as head coach of the Tomcats.  His record at Haywood is 28-6.
Cory Quinn is in his 2nd year as head coach of the Falcons.  His record at Lake Co. is 9-7.

Haywood's opponents have a total of 14 wins and 26 loses.
Lake County's opponents have a total of 18 wins and 8 loses.

Haywood played in the 4A semifinals in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020.  Although they came home with the silver, they went on to play in the 4A finals in 2018 and 2020. There are a number of Tomcats on this year's team who have had plenty of experience against some good competition.

Some other Tomcats to watch are Camron Douglas, Cordero Walker, Anthony Brewer, Reid Russell (K).  I'm sure my fellow Tomcat fans can, and should, add to the list.  They probably have access to the stats as well. I don't.  

Lake County played in the 1A semifinals in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020.  The Falcons advanced to and won the state 1A championship in 2019, so  there should be plenty of Falcons with experience against some good competition as well.

I saw in the Jackson Sun where Jamarius Williams had 273 yards and two touchdowns on 25 carries in Lake County's 26-20 win over West Carroll.  I've heard Jamarius Williams' name before, so I'm sure he is a key Falcon to watch.  

Who are some of the other key players for the Falcons?

Predictions:
Cal Preps - Haywood 35, Lake Co. 6
Massey - Haywood 41, Lake Co. 7

I mentioned in a previous post that both Haywood High and Lake County High have a long and proud history of football.  If you're interested here's some of the history.

The Haywood County High School Tomcats (purple and white) and Carver High School Wildcats (purple and white) consolidated to form Haywood High School (Tomcats, purple and white) in 1970. (Note...the official name of the school is now Haywood High School, NOT Haywood County High School.)  

Haywood County first fielded a football team in 1912.  Looking at the combined records of Haywood County and Haywood High, the Tomcats have won 687 games, lost 397, and tied 32 for a winning percentage of 63%.  The Tomcats have had 74 winning seasons, 31 losing seasons, and 17 ten win seasons.  Haywood has played in 4 state championship games winning 0.  The Tomcats have won 17 district/region championships.

The Tiptonville High School Earthquakes (black and gold) and the Ridgely High Green Wave (green and white) consolidated to form Lake County High School (Falcons, green and gold) in 1963.

Lake Co. first fielded a football team in that year (1963).  Since that time the Falcons have won 411 games, lost 241, and tied 4 for a winning percentage of 63%. The Falcons have had 51 winning seasons, 17 losing seasons, and 14 ten win seasons.  Lake Co. has played in 6 state championship games winning 3.  The Falcons have won 14 district/region championships.

Cool post to read ! Thanks for the leg work to complete it !!!awesome

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, stacmot said:

Thanks!  What can you tell us about Lake County @PeabodyPride?

A lot of quality players, at least 3 D1 guys as in recievers and a stud running back, the line is very good for a 1 A school”depth is a huge issue” Lake has 3 or 4 legit 4.5 speed skill guys and will play you hard at first, but, depth will become a issue quick for them ! They swarm to the ball as good as anyone I have seen! They are a VERY up and down squad, I give you a example of last year , West Carrol played them dead even in regular season and then the exact same LC team mercy ruled them come playoff time ! I don’t know which LC team shows up but they won’t quit ! I worry they won’t be up for this game because they like everyone know what the end result will be ! Coach Quinn is a great coach, however, he has 0 help at the moment, I actually see this as a possibly good game for a Quarter to a Quarter and a half ! Lake actually has a very well maintained playing surface, grass is cut extremely tall though, food  is good and the people love their Green Falcons ! GL and safe travels to y’all TomCat folks !

how about y’all bring 4A gold West this year !

Y’all can do it 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, stacmot said:

Some other Tomcats to watch are Camron Douglas, Cordero Walker, Anthony Brewer, Reid Russell (K). 

I should have mentioned #44 Johnathon “Rottweiler” Forrest as well.  Watch him!  Haywood is putting a lot of talent on the field.  It's hard to name all of them.

• Like 1