Haywood travels to lake county for a Thursday night show down!

Kruger77

17 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

The real reason the game was moved to Lake County was the fact that LC was only going to have 3 home games this year. Coach Smith of Haywood County did LC a big favor by agreeing to move the game to LC. LC will make the return trip next year. LC is a small program and needs all the gate and concession money they can get. It was never away to get out of the game. LC needs to play all they can. HC coach is a class act. He didn't have to agree to moving the game but he did. That is the truth to the situation.

Good stuff by Coach Smith. He could've easily said IDC you're coming to Brownsville. 3 home games is rough financially but at least Haywood and Peabody are 2 of the 3. They travel well. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

The real reason the game was moved to Lake County was the fact that LC was only going to have 3 home games this year. Coach Smith of Haywood County did LC a big favor by agreeing to move the game to LC. LC will make the return trip next year. LC is a small program and needs all the gate and concession money they can get. It was never away to get out of the game. LC needs to play all they can. HC coach is a class act. He didn't have to agree to moving the game but he did. That is the truth to the situation.

For the most part high school coaches are really good people. They do an incredible amount of work for little pay. Often times, after they do all the work and get the team ready to play, people ridicule or hack them because they lost the game.... Never stop to ask if the coach had the proper plan in...  

Coach Smith is a fine coach, and he has worked wonders for the Haywood community. 

I also tip my hat the coaches from LC for agreeing to play Haywood. I am certainly there are 3, 4, and 5 A schools that would not schedule and out of region game with the Tomcats.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

For the most part high school coaches are really good people. They do an incredible amount of work for little pay. Often times, after they do all the work and get the team ready to play, people ridicule or hack them because they lost the game.... Never stop to ask if the coach had the proper plan in...  

Coach Smith is a fine coach, and he has worked wonders for the Haywood community. 

I also tip my hat the coaches from LC for agreeing to play Haywood. I am certainly there are 3, 4, and 5 A schools that would not schedule and out of region game with the Tomcats.  

I just hope we can keep him at Haywood. My son loves Coach Smith.

1 hour ago, ManOfMillions said:

Sounds like Haywood County has them a real good coach. I really hope they can bring home that 4A gold ball.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, 802Tomcat said:

I just hope we can keep him at Haywood. My son loves Coach Smith.

Make sure the community know how much they appreciate him and show him a lot of love! Coaches like him are a hot commodity and it would not surprise me if one of the money school from the other end of the state tries to swoop him up. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Sounds like Haywood County has them a real good coach. I really hope they can bring home that 4A gold ball.

Greeneville and a few others are standing in the way! I would love to see Haywood get a gold ball as well. Not as much as I would love to see SGC get one, but if I had to pick a school it would coach smith and company at Haywood. 

• Like 1