Haywood travels to lake county for a Thursday night show down!

Kruger77

The Jackson Sun has Haywood as a 40 point favorite (54-14).  Sonny Moore has Haywood as a 35 point favorite. The Tomcats have an average margin of victory  of 33 points per game. 

I'll admit that it doesn't look good for LC on paper.  But as we all say, the game isn't played on paper.  Tomcats, you can't be complacent.  Lake Co. will give you 48 minutes of all they've got. 

Don't let hubris be your downfall.  Not in this game, not in any of the games ahead!

“Win with humility, lose with grace, and do both with dignity.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stacmot said:

The Jackson Sun has Haywood as a 40 point favorite (54-14).  Sonny Moore has Haywood as a 35 point favorite. The Tomcats have an average margin of victory  of 33 points per game. 

I'll admit that it doesn't look good for LC on paper.  But as we all say, the game isn't played on paper.  Tomcats, you can't be complacent.  Lake Co. will give you 48 minutes of all they've got. 

Don't let hubris be your downfall.  Not in this game, not in any of the games ahead!

“Win with humility, lose with grace, and do both with dignity.”

I love this post 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

What's with LC not throwing the ball? Receivers are arguably their biggest strength and they barely touch the ball in the 2 games I saw. They threw more last year with a LB who moved QB

From da film i saw the QB arm isn’t all that good nor accurate 

9 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

What's with LC not throwing the ball? Receivers are arguably their biggest strength and they barely touch the ball in the 2 games I saw. They threw more last year with a LB who moved QB

Since most of our opponents seem to be having more success passing than running,  I look for LC to throw the ball Thursday night.

28 minutes ago, fanoffootball2013 said:

Will it be a live stream of this game? 

Not that I'm aware of.  Haywood's NFHS site seems to indicate there will be a stream, but I believe that is wrong. They don't usually broadcast away games, and the date is incorrect as  well.  If you have a NFHS membership, It would not hurt to try the link and see.

https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/schools/haywood-high-school-brownsville-tn/football

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

I see them trying too which would be odd if Haywood is the team you decide you're going to try to air it out against...for the first time anyway

I agree.  I also think it would be odd.  Haywood's pass defense isn't that weak.  So if the passing game is indeed LC's game plan, I don't see it being very successful.  For them to have any success passing, their OL is going to have to stop Haywood's pass rush, and the QB is going to have to be able to scramble.

Edited by stacmot

36 minutes ago, stacmot said:

Not that I'm aware of.  Haywood's NFHS site seems to indicate there will be a stream, but I believe that is wrong. They don't usually broadcast away games, and the date is incorrect as  well.  If you have a NFHS membership, It would not hurt to try the link and see.

https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/schools/haywood-high-school-brownsville-tn/football

Lake county streams games so it very well could be 

31 minutes ago, stacmot said:

I agree.  I also think it would be odd.  Haywood's pass defense isn't that weak.  So if the passing game is indeed LC's game plan, I don't see it being very successful.  For them to have any success passing, their OL is going to have to stop Haywood's pass rush, and the QB is going to have to be able to scramble.

The QB is very mobile that hurt us some against northside and melrose