Cornersville Resurgence

Pizzpatriot2

I'm not sure if resurgence is the correct word as I only remember Cornersville having one good season in the mid-nineties and, that was back in '94. Rumors back then were kids transferring from Lewisburg. 

The record shows last year as a down year from back to back state championship game appearances. I am curious as to their success as of late. It has to be difficult to build a program that was not accustom to that much success, in a short time span. 

Is the success due to people moving in from out of state or coaching or transfers from Lewisburg? If this has already been discussed, my apologies. Personally, I think it is good to have and field a competitive program. Their game this week against Fayetteville has made me think of this. From my understanding, Fayetteville incorporates kids that would have gone to Lincoln County and that has aided in their success. Back in the day, it was rumored that Moore Co. and McCurry owed a lot of their success to kids from Winchester and/or Tullahoma coming over. However, I thought McCurry was a good coach. 

1 hour ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

I'm not sure if resurgence is the correct word as I only remember Cornersville having one good season in the mid-nineties and, that was back in '94. Rumors back then were kids transferring from Lewisburg. 

The record shows last year as a down year from back to back state championship game appearances. I am curious as to their success as of late. It has to be difficult to build a program that was not accustom to that much success, in a short time span. 

Is the success due to people moving in from out of state or coaching or transfers from Lewisburg? If this has already been discussed, my apologies. Personally, I think it is good to have and field a competitive program. Their game this week against Fayetteville has made me think of this. From my understanding, Fayetteville incorporates kids that would have gone to Lincoln County and that has aided in their success. Back in the day, it was rumored that Moore Co. and McCurry owed a lot of their success to kids from Winchester and/or Tullahoma coming over. However, I thought McCurry was a good coach. 

So you are asking cornersville posters how they have built a successful program. Lol. Just give up. There is no hope for page. They will always be the laughing stock of TN high school football. 

From my understanding, Fayetteville incorporates kids that would have gone to Lincoln County and that has aided in their success.

I think the operative term would be “could” have gone to LC, and that is still the case. Kids/parents have a choice here in Fayetteville/Lincoln County and FHS as a smaller school offers that choice. The fact that we’ve been successful recently is due to the coaching  and the support of the administration on all levels. That and the fact that the kids have bought into the system. There’s always been athletes in this county, it’s just that now  (mostly) they choose FHS.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

So you are asking cornersville posters how they have built a successful program. Lol. Just give up. There is no hope for page. They will always be the laughing stock of TN high school football. 

Dude, do you even have a team? I mean, this obsession you have with me and Page and Lewis county is beyond stalkish.  It’s bordering mental.

5 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Dude, do you even have a team? I mean, this obsession you have with me and Page and Lewis county is beyond stalkish.  It’s bordering mental.

But you have done the same thing to Lewis for years. I have had enough of you trashing them constantly so for the last few weeks I have done the same thing to you that you have done to them. And you say I’m stalking and mental. You have come off the exact same way for years. For every post you continue to put out there to run down that program I will do to you. If you let it go I will too. 

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

But you have done the same thing to Lewis for years. I have had enough of you trashing them constantly so for the last few weeks I have done the same thing to you that you have done to them. And you say I’m stalking and mental. You have come off the exact same way for years. For every post you continue to put out there to run down that program I will do to you. If you let it go I will too. 

You need my Murphy Fair book to slap the tard out of him little buddy?

36 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

You need my Murphy Fair book to slap the tard out of him little buddy?

Nah that would be a waste of a perfectly good book Roy. Honestly I hope at some point he does the right thing and stops running down the Lewis Co program. There are a lot of hard working players and coaches over there and they don’t deserve this. He’s been doing it for years. 

5 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

This^^^is a perfect example of what I just spoke of. This thread has absolutely nothing to do with Hohenwald, me, Page or you! However, you decide to post on it about something that has absolutely nothing to do with it. I’m sure even you knew what you posted was going to add nothing of value but, why be this ignorant? 

Do you have any idea how you posting what you posted here makes you look? The thing is, you are not even a Lewis County fan, are you?

1 minute ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

This^^^is a perfect example of what I just spoke of. This thread has absolutely nothing to do with Hohenwald, me, Page or you! However, you decide to post on it about something that has absolutely nothing to do with it. I’m sure even you knew what you posted was going to add nothing of value but, why be this ignorant? 

Do you have any idea how you posting what you posted here makes you look? The thing is, you are not even a Lewis County fan, are you?

Again I am doing the same thing to page that you are to Lewis. Zero difference. Read what I wrote again. There is a way for this to all be over if you’ll just take it. 

5 hours ago, Varo said:

I think the operative term would be “could” have gone to LC, and that is still the case. Kids/parents have a choice here in Fayetteville/Lincoln County and FHS as a smaller school offers that choice. The fact that we’ve been successful recently is due to the coaching  and the support of the administration on all levels. That and the fact that the kids have bought into the system. There’s always been athletes in this county, it’s just that now  (mostly) they choose FHS.

Now that I’m older time flies by even faster. But didn’t Lincoln County win a state championship like 10-15 years ago?

I am just curious as to how Cornersville rose up out of no where and excelled as they did. It’s quite impressive, actually. I’m sure it helped bring a large amount of pride to their community.

Just now, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Again I am doing the same thing to page that you are to Lewis. Zero difference. Read what I wrote again. There is a way for this to all be over if you’ll just take it. 

Alright dummy, here it is; Lewis County and whoever your team is just plain sucks! Since this is a thread about Cornersville, and you want to hijack it in the name of Hohenwald, compared to Cornersville, they have accomplished something that Hohenwald NEVER has and probably NEVER will. That is play for a state championship! They may not have two decades of paper championships and virtually worthless season records but they can claim they have actually made it past the third round twice! 

As for you, I am certain your team is very similar because had they had the success Cornersville has had recently, you would not be so insecure. But, seeing how birds of a feather flock together, I can safely assume you team is no better than Hohenwalds! Probably, your team is similar to the regular season paper champions and it makes you feel better that they suck too because that means you and whichever team you are a fan of is not alone!

Alright dummy, here it is; Lewis County and whoever your team is just plain sucks! Since this is a thread about Cornersville, and you want to hijack it in the name of Hohenwald, compared to Cornersville, they have accomplished something that Hohenwald NEVER has and probably NEVER will. That is play for a state championship! They may not have two decades of paper championships and virtually worthless season records but they can claim they have actually made it past the third round twice! 

As for you, I am certain your team is very similar because had they had the success Cornersville has had recently, you would not be so insecure. But, seeing how birds of a feather flock together, I can safely assume you team is no better than Hohenwalds! Probably, your team is similar to the regular season paper champions and it makes you feel better that they suck too because that means you and whichever team you are a fan of is not alone!

I'll give you one thing...you're as consistent as an atomic clock! You are just about as right about "BigPurpleMachine's team" as you are everything else (Lewis County) that you post about. Your moniker is your second (at least), and you have 443 as a post count...bet that 425 of them are trashing LC's program. You are a pathetic joke to everyone on here.