Battle of the Boro

TomLHS

Pretty ugly game in the 2nd half, but I'll take a 17pt win over a team of Riverdale's caliber. Made some mistakes on special teams that you don't see alot with Oakland, gonna have to clean those up if you want to repeat.

Big congrats on the guys for going 4-0 in this recent stretch, that was 3 teams that are pretty freaking good

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Pretty ugly game in the 2nd half, but I'll take a 17pt win over a team of Riverdale's caliber. Made some mistakes on special teams that you don't see alot with Oakland, gonna have to clean those up if you want to repeat.

Big congrats on the guys for going 4-0 in this recent stretch, that was 3 teams that are pretty freaking good

After that td got called off in the first half my score prediction was almost right. It would have been 30-7 I had said 40-14 thought Oakland could have threw it a little more on riverdale and I thought Oakland would shut the run game down, riverdale is not good passing the ball. Maybe against sorry teams. 

1 hour ago, arshad221 said:

After that td got called off in the first half my score prediction was almost right. It would have been 30-7 I had said 40-14 thought Oakland could have threw it a little more on riverdale and I thought Oakland would shut the run game down, riverdale is not good passing the ball. Maybe against sorry teams. 

After looking back at that play, I think the right call was made, I don't think Horton ever had possession of the ball.

I don't know if id say that Riverdale isnt good at passing the ball, but at some point, you have to take some shots deep. Playing behind the sticks against a defense with Oakland's speed is just a recipe for disaster and it pretty much was for Riverdale anytime it was 3rd & medium or more.

I think their offense would be most effective with an athletic QB. The defense is always gonna crash on the TB, if Holcomb kept it, it'd probably would be a first down