Scotts Hill at Lewis Co.

ddaddy

18 hours ago, ddaddy said:

This Region 6 match up has been moved to Thursday night. Be interesting to see how LC does with their 5th returning starter from 2020 out.

Maybe the AP will take note of that missing starter and rank the 7-1 Panthers next week.

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

I was really looking forward to this one, but won't be able since it was moved to Thursday. We're sort of getting healthy...had too many out to mention for most of the season, and won't have everyone in there this week, but maybe enough to give y'all a little resistance. 

Difficult to beat Hohenwald during the regular season, even with a stable of healthy players!

On 10/11/2021 at 8:03 PM, ddaddy said:

This Region 6 match up has been moved to Thursday night. Be interesting to see how LC does with their 5th returning starter from 2020 out.

What's wrong with them double d? They have Covid over there or injuries? I hope neither but you say five are out, it must be for a reason. 

Edited by @38320

It's been a run of bad luck and after counting it's actually 6 players. 3 moved out of the county and 2 are hurt and out for the year and 1 decided not to play. All starters and good players. That's why I have been so proud of this bunch of kids for what they have accomplished so far this year. 

They will keep plugging. It's sort of like TN Vols, the next man up. Thing about LC is they always have a stable full of boys ready to get better, ever since I can remember. I hope this is a good game. I have a huge respect for both Scotts Hill and Lewis. I know the AD at the Hill and he is going to do things the right way. 

15 minutes ago, @38320 said:

They will keep plugging. It's sort of like TN Vols, the next man up. Thing about LC is they always have a stable full of boys ready to get better, ever since I can remember. I hope this is a good game. I have a huge respect for both Scotts Hill and Lewis. I know the AD at the Hill and he is going to do things the right way. 

With SH getting some players back and the adversity that LC has faced I think it will be a closer game than most think. It seemed like last year SH was on the verge of being pretty good.

2 hours ago, ddaddy said:

With SH getting some players back and the adversity that LC has faced I think it will be a closer game than most think. It seemed like last year SH was on the verge of being pretty good.

We should be some better from getting some kids back, but the trouble is that we've had so many out that they've not played as a unit since game one. Mix and match from week to week...good thing is that we've gotten some players some in game experience a year ahead of schedule...bad thing is it's too late in the season to be figuring out how to play together against the likes of LC. If we play hard and come out as healthy as we go in, I'll be happy regardless of the outcome.

Scotts Hill played hard, was well coached and had a good plan. It was a very sloppy game played by both teams with lots of turnovers. It was a competitive game through the 3rd qrt. The score was 14-7 after the 1st qrt., 20-7 at the half with a fumble recovery for a TD. LC scored on it first possession after the half to make it 28-7, but Scotts Hill wouldn't go away and answered to close to 28-14 midway through the 3rd. LC scored at the end of the 3rd to make it 35-14 then put the game out of reach with a score in the 4th for the final of 41-14. SH is very young and well coached and could be in the mix for a Regional title next year.