Region 4A Championship Clay County (9-0) @ Gordonsville (8-1)

OldTownRoad

To steer things back toward this Region 4-A matchup, I’ll say this, I’m looking forward to enjoying the atmosphere at Turney Ford.  Win, lose, or draw it’ll be a fun night.  We’ve not got to play in one quite like this in a long time.  I’m excited for our kids and fans to get this storybook style matchup.  I’m satisfied our kids can handle the hype, I know Gville can, it’s commonplace for them.

1 hour ago, Boarhog said:

Well said, I definitely painted myself into a corner with that comment.  I do believe that we’ve got a handful of kids that have the drive, skill, physicality, and maturity to be starters anywhere in the east.  That’s said with admiration for them more than disdain for anybody else’s guys.  

Respect for that!

1 hour ago, Boarhog said:

To steer things back toward this Region 4-A matchup, I’ll say this, I’m looking forward to enjoying the atmosphere at Turney Ford.  Win, lose, or draw it’ll be a fun night.  We’ve not got to play in one quite like this in a long time.  I’m excited for our kids and fans to get this storybook style matchup.  I’m satisfied our kids can handle the hype, I know Gville can, it’s commonplace for them.

Boarhog it will be a playoff atmosphere Friday on Main Street!  This is a time of year when the good teams hit another gear and the great teams are speed shifting.  

The old saying is act like you been there and act like you’ve done it before.  We have. Hartsville has. South Pitt has. We know what to expect and what it takes. Disrespect? Absolutely not. Is it arrogance? Maybe. Is it confidence? Most definitely.  We will expect a war. You should too!

1 hour ago, MainStreetBengal said:

Boarhog it will be a playoff atmosphere Friday on Main Street!  This is a time of year when the good teams hit another gear and the great teams are speed shifting.  

The old saying is act like you been there and act like you’ve done it before.  We have. Hartsville has. South Pitt has. We know what to expect and what it takes. Disrespect? Absolutely not. Is it arrogance? Maybe. Is it confidence? Most definitely.  We will expect a war. You should too!

I’m hoping that having 5 starters that were key players during the state championship basketball run last year will help keep the locker room grounded this week and on field during the game.

21 minutes ago, Boarhog said:

I’m hoping that having 5 starters that were key players during the state championship basketball run last year will help keep the locker room grounded this week and on field during the game.

Hopefully they embrace it more than anything cause it can be gone in a second.

I expect it to be a good one. Good coaching staff, Dickerson has been a longtime friend; some special athletes, always had them though even back in my day Ogletree, Hull, Watson, Arms; and hopefully a group of fans that support these young men and travel to show it. 

Edge Tigers! Experience in this game, a coaching staff that knows this type of game, an experienced group of players that have overcame and persevered, and an extremely hostile fanbase that will try and become a Twelfth Man. 

3 hours ago, MainStreetBengal said:

Jimmy I can answer that! Yes they do! So does Carthage! Maybe they could? I just find it odd a certain few teams always get better as the season goes along and the teams that beat them don’t.

Let’s be honest here… we gifted you with that win on the dropped punt inside the 10 and we played absolutely terrible that game.

You guys won and were the better team THAT night.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Let’s be honest here… we gifted you with that win on the dropped punt inside the 10 and we played absolutely terrible that game.

You guys won and were the better team THAT night.

Well, I guess we’ll find out how much better you are Friday night. I mean we just did get through playing Hartsville so we got pretty good idea how good they are.  As far as gifting us the game maybe it was. You have made it clear you are a better team now.  I am saying you ain’t the only better team and we are a lot healthier than we have been since Carthage.  To me it’s like some of these geniuses trying to guess outcomes by common opponents.  Sorry it don’t work.

End of the day we will take care of business Friday Night and so will the Jackets.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MainStreetBengal said:

Well, I guess we’ll find out how much better you are Friday night. I mean we just did get through playing Hartsville so we got pretty good idea how good they are.  As far as gifting us the game maybe it was. You have made it clear you are a better team now.  I am saying you ain’t the only better team and we are a lot healthier than we have been since Carthage.  To me it’s like some of these geniuses trying to guess outcomes by common opponents.  Sorry it don’t work.

End of the day we will take care of business Friday Night and so will the Jackets.

I like our chances, but to be honest I like Clays better than ours!