#1 Meigs County @ #4 Marion County

6 hours ago, Yeti said:

Marion's qb and ours both have great running ability. Our qb is a hard hitter and will plow you over while Marion's qb is much more elusive. I'd probably give them a tie on run ability and give our qb the nod at passing. Ofcourse a good line will give both our qbs fits and defensively that's what will probably happen. I wish it was being streamed and if it is I'm unaware. This game will be worth the watch.

Two different styles of running but our guy will hit you as well.  I have seen him several times hurt himself laying the lumber on defense.  Running ability has to favor mc qb and passing definitely meigs.  So that position is a wash.  Comes down to the supporting cast with back and line.  Gonna be a slippery track tomorrow night so getting outside and passing may be null.  I agree with what you said earlier, if your defense forces us to pass,  we will not win, especially if we can't run consistently.   Our boys are confident and ready, I'm sure that the meigs boys are confident and ready.  I don't buy that meigs has been in more games so they will win.  If you are a competitor, that's what you are.  It will likely come down to field position and turnovers in this one.  My opinion is the Warriors win 24-14.  If it were a dry field then I would say 31-14.  I may be totally wrong and will surely admit it if I am.  Depending on how the chips fall in the opposite region 2nd might not be so bad because of the chance to dodge tyner and have them maybe knock out the other 1 seed.  If history plays a part then we would have to play Westmoreland because that's who we always get lined up with in the first round.  Hopefully it will at least stop raining by game time to give us old heads some dry clothes.  Safe travels meigs fans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Two different styles of running but our guy will hit you as well.  I have seen him several times hurt himself laying the lumber on defense.  Running ability has to favor mc qb and passing definitely meigs.  So that position is a wash.  Comes down to the supporting cast with back and line.  Gonna be a slippery track tomorrow night so getting outside and passing may be null.  I agree with what you said earlier, if your defense forces us to pass,  we will not win, especially if we can't run consistently.   Our boys are confident and ready, I'm sure that the meigs boys are confident and ready.  I don't buy that meigs has been in more games so they will win.  If you are a competitor, that's what you are.  It will likely come down to field position and turnovers in this one.  My opinion is the Warriors win 24-14.  If it were a dry field then I would say 31-14.  I may be totally wrong and will surely admit it if I am.  Depending on how the chips fall in the opposite region 2nd might not be so bad because of the chance to dodge tyner and have them maybe knock out the other 1 seed.  If history plays a part then we would have to play Westmoreland because that's who we always get lined up with in the first round.  Hopefully it will at least stop raining by game time to give us old heads some dry clothes.  Safe travels meigs fans.

Good post, but I think our gameplan and team is gonna surprise you. That spread is a bit out there. Wonder how many yards passing our punter will have. :grin:

2 hours ago, Yeti said:

Good post, but I think our gameplan and team is gonna surprise you. That spread is a bit out there. Wonder how many yards passing our punter will have. :grin:

I think the spread is a little high also. I expect it to be a battle late in the fourth and a one score game either way. A victory by either team will not surprise me. Both teams are very solid all around and have the capability to go far in the playoffs. 

As for the punter. It was unusual to see him leading the team in passing and the QB picking off passes. They did a little role reversal against Tyner. Lets hope things return to normal and 15 has 100 plus yards receiving and couple TD's either receiving or by picking one off or on special teams. Then # 2 can go back to running it and slinging it for 200 and 200. 

Of course playing an undefeated Marion County who is giving up less than 5 points a game I don't expect that. I will settle with a victory any way we can get it Friday night. We got it against Tyner in an ugly fashion. If it takes that again then so be it. With a wet field and sloppy conditions and possibly rain it could be an adventure. Make for a wild night. 

7 hours ago, Yeti said:

Yeti everything in me says Marion,but I'm gonna go with the old Region 2 team because of the type games you all have been in the past 3 or 4 years.I like the Marion bunch too so I wont be terribly upset whoever wins.

8 hours ago, Tiger2 said:

I think the spread is a little high also. I expect it to be a battle late in the fourth and a one score game either way. A victory by either team will not surprise me. Both teams are very solid all around and have the capability to go far in the playoffs. 

As for the punter. It was unusual to see him leading the team in passing and the QB picking off passes. They did a little role reversal against Tyner. Lets hope things return to normal and 15 has 100 plus yards receiving and couple TD's either receiving or by picking one off or on special teams. Then # 2 can go back to running it and slinging it for 200 and 200. 

I will settle with a victory any way we can get it Friday night.

10 hours ago, Yeti said:

You are right, I win is a win, there aren't any cheap ones in the history books. Yeti, I'm surprised that you all must have changed your game plan enough for us to notice.  With two weeks to prepare if you can catch someone by surprise a little at the start it might be the difference in the game.  I also think a cheap score like a special teams punt or kickoff return could sway this game.  Ours special teams have been just that this year and from the way yall talk so have yours.  

I look for a few turnovers tonight from both sides. It's just who can do something offensively with those mistakes. Meigs QB is a big rough QB that I know is going to carry a big load tonight. The problem is if he has to carry the ball 30 times and take that many hits tonight from some of those big lineman from  Marion, he's going to be tired, where Marion has a fresh stable of 4 backs that can run behind there big line and stay fresh. I just think Meigs will have to get  a couple more RB's more carries to stay in the game.  I know this is going to be a dandy of a game IMO. If it were at Meigs I might even go with Meigs, but it's at Jasper so I'm giving the home team the W in this one. But, I look for both teams to go far in the playoff's. 

3 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Marion County flexes muscles tonight. Meigs is hurt more by the rain than Warriors. I’m just keeping it real. Warriors by 21

28-7

27-13 is what I am thinking. Meigs is good but Marion is firing right now and a win tonight will just make them better going into the playoffs. Marion needs this win and they will get it 

On 10/28/2021 at 6:20 AM, blitzinbuc said:

It won't be a surprise as to what Marion Co. is capable of according to Meigs' coaches. They know of Marion's abilities and will have the Tigers prepared the best they can - hoping to upset Marion.  A loss for either team won't end their season. It's a tough gauntlet to make it to the championship game, so you take it a game at a time to play for another day. Games like this is what it's all about!

This shouldn't be the only time they play this season. Meigs is a great team but I think Marion is on the right track right now and that's what will give them the advantage tonight. Playing at home helps too.

This is gonna be one of the best games around the state tonight. Two great teams with great traditions. Wish I could make it over to see this one but I will be tuned in. With the weather and sloppy field, this will be a ground it/pound it kind of game. Both teams are deep with talent and play hard nosed physical football. Home field advantage tells me Warriors win, recent playoff success tells me Tigers win. Either way, these two teams will likely meet again in the playoffs. Tonight's game will tell us where.

Warriors 28

Tigers 21

2 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

You are right, I win is a win, there aren't any cheap ones in the history books. Yeti, I'm surprised that you all must have changed your game plan enough for us to notice.  With two weeks to prepare if you can catch someone by surprise a little at the start it might be the difference in the game.  I also think a cheap score like a special teams punt or kickoff return could sway this game.  Ours special teams have been just that this year and from the way yall talk so have yours.  

These type games you take what you get especially as far as seeding purposes. I'd like for us to contain your qb and to some point I believe we will but there will be missed tackles on both sides and that will be the difference. If we miss Taye he's got another 10 yards or possibly a long td run. tackling is key for us against him our linebackers are the best I've seen in 2A and I've seen most of the ranked teams so we will definitely make it hard for him. Our offensive line will be the key to winning as well. If we can get 3-4 yards a carry we will definitely win. If your getting 3-4 yards a carry you will stand a much better chance than having to pass against us. Our secondary is pretty good despite how Tyner had success against us. They game planned us the best we've went up against in a while and still won. I look forward to coming down and watching kids from both sides give it their all. Indont wish you Marion folks any luck, but I do wish both teams an injury free game. Good luck Meigs.:grin: