So… jobs anyone?

Sandman63

17 minutes ago, Sandman63 said:

Whats the deal there?  What seems to be the problem.  The hire was an awkward one to me...Great guy, but they struggled.

He doesnt have a clue how to Coach.Not vocal,has no clue how to run the offense and wont use the knowledge of the existing staff to help him.Makes terrible decisions.Like going for 4th and 24 on our 20 yard line with 14 seconds left going in at half with a one score lead.OS scores before halftime stuff like that.Read the Midway article from Daily times.SMH.Given a premier 1A job with hardly any experience and what experience he had took Sweetwater from 7 wins to 3 in 3 years.Wasnt even a head coach when he was hired.Casteel our Principal is a Maryville grad and so was this guy only reason I can think of.Yes very nice guy,but nice dont win games.Our offense is horrible,I cant remember a GB team so badly coached.Ridge wasnt a close game coach nor a players coach but he did win more than he lost.

Just now, orngnblk said:

He doesnt have a clue how to Coach.Not vocal,has no clue how to run the offense and wont use the knowledge of the existing staff to help him.Makes terrible decisions.Like going for 4th and 24 on our 20 yard line with 14 seconds left going in at half with a one score lead.OS scores before halftime stuff like that.Read the Midway article from Daily times.SMH.Given a premier 1A job with hardly any experience and what experience he had took Sweetwater from 7 wins to 3 in 3 years.Wasnt even a head coach when he was hired.Casteel our Principal is a Maryville grad and so was this guy only reason I can think of.Yes very nice guy,but nice dont win games.Our offense is horrible,I cant remember a GB team so badly coached.Ridge wasnt a close game coach nor a players coach but he did win more than he lost.

Oh man, I hate that. Ill check that article for sure.  I think that if you get a guy in there maybe doesnt always have to have the HC tag as a pedigree, but an assistant that has seen some good programs and things like that would be a good hire.  A guy who is in 30s who has done it long enough who can bring some juice to the school would be nice.  GB has been a good place for sure for a long time...just need to make sure they either get their guy right or get the right guy

1 minute ago, Sandman63 said:

Oh man, I hate that. Ill check that article for sure.  I think that if you get a guy in there maybe doesnt always have to have the HC tag as a pedigree, but an assistant that has seen some good programs and things like that would be a good hire.  A guy who is in 30s who has done it long enough who can bring some juice to the school would be nice.  GB has been a good place for sure for a long time...just need to make sure they either get their guy right or get the right guy

Agree.Had over 60 applications and this is the guy!