Dobbuns Bent-It comes two tha Skeetur

STARSNBARS

On 10/30/2021 at 12:25 PM, WaCoJaCo said:

II don't see any reason to believe DB wouldn't of won that game anyway. 

And you base that on what?   DB wasn't a dominate team in 2020 by any means.  

But the bottom line is that because of politics, faux fear that high schools students who in November of 2020 had a .003% chance of being fatally infected with Covid ( COVID Infection Fatality Rates by Sex and Age | American Council on Science and Health (acsh.org) ), and a decision made by Sullivan County - which in spite of your assertion that there isn't any connection there - Kingsport is still in Sullivan County and it's quite probably that people who work for the Sullivan County Health Department actually do live in Kingsport - we'll never know if McMinn County would/could have won that game, will we?  

Just saying.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HTV said:

And you base that on what?   DB wasn't a dominate team in 2020 by any means.  

But the bottom line is that because of politics, faux fear that high schools students who in November of 2020 had a .003% chance of being fatally infected with Covid ( COVID Infection Fatality Rates by Sex and Age | American Council on Science and Health (acsh.org) ), and a decision made by Sullivan County - which in spite of your assertion that there isn't any connection there - Kingsport is still in Sullivan County and it's quite probably that people who work for the Sullivan County Health Department actually do live in Kingsport - we'll never know if McMinn County would/could have won that game, will we?  

Just saying.  

Well I guess I can say I believe DB would of won the game anyway just as easily as you can say somebody that lives in Kingsport might of been in the Sullivan County Health Dept. and had the game canceled. Which I'll still say is a Idiotic thing to say. After all has been said about that situation it looks to me like the likely source came from McMinn Co. And on top of that everybody keeps trying to sweep under the rug the "FACT" that the TSSAA got involved and even gave McMinn extra time to produce their paper work.......and they couldn't produce it.  There's two reasons they couldn't produce their paperwork. Either they were not smart enough to figure it out, or their paper work would show that they tried to cover up having a Covid positive player. Neither of those two reasons is the fault of DB or the Sullivan Co. Health Dept.  I've already explained this in plain and simple English. It's cut and dried. Get over it. 

14 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

The whole area got weak is one of the problems. When all these small schools consolidated most weren't worth a crap as small schools and your playing them week end and week out. A lot of this consolidation came about in the late 60's and spread everywhere in upper East Tennessee. DB got infected by playing down to worthless teams in the area and still has. The band issue has also changed things as years went on also. Imagine a school that has a popular rock act preforming at all their halftimes, you know why the crowd is there for. I set on the top row about the 47 yard line at Maryville games and every home game a flood of mothers come up there to record their kids playing in the band from visiting teams which is great but you never see anyone come up to record their son playing football. Politics has also infected DB which is no secret. From a visitor point of view going there the stadium sucks on the visitor side and some of the rules they have make you feel as if you were going to be searched and inspected for a possible hole in your underware and made to leave if you did.

You sir are 100% correct. Very poor coaching in upper east tn. that has produced bad teams year after year. Politics 100%. We call them "Good ole" Boys". They finally overcame it in Greeneville and Elizabethton and you see what's happened. Go figure. Actually since the year 2000 DB has had a state championship capable team 3 times. Two of those teams lost in the semis to lesser teams because of some of the worst coaching known to man. The loss to Red Bank and the loss to Riverdale. The third loss was to Maryville in 2012. I believe DB had the better athletes that year but were badly outcoached by the Maryville staff. There has always been a lot of talk about DB wins only because they play a weak schedule of bad upper east tn. teams. There really isn't anything to back that up. If you remember the Big East Conference it was made up mostly of Knoxville area teams and DB and Science Hill. DB did very well in the conference, winning the title every year except one. And even now DB has done very well against teams in the Knoxville area that are not named Maryville or Alcoa. Which is also everybody else's problem. DB is missing a couple of pieces to the puzzle. If they find those pieces it will be by chance, not brains. 

DB's Day's were in the 40's, 50's and part of the 60's when Upper East Tennessee Schools were very good and played national powerhouses like Chattanooga City, Knoxville High, Roanoke Va and during those times Elizabethton, Bristol, Morristown , Oak Ridge and Johnson City were real good teams also. A lot has changed since then. I watched DB play William Blount play DB two weeks ago and they only caught fire 2 minutes before halftime but that was enough to put WB to bed for the rest of the night. I sat on the top row with SWVAHavokFan and I could count the number of DB fans there which was only around 200 to 250 tops. I'm sure not many people wanted to see that either but the band wasn't there which seems to be a big draw when they do. Love to see Kingsport get back on the level they were last year and stay that way or better for the good of the game. Their really not a bad team this year and injuries seem to have hurt them this season but very impressed with QB and some good running backs also. Not sure if they will bring band or not but seems to be what brings their fans. Be great to see a good crowd Friday Night.

10 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

You sir are 100% correct. Very poor coaching in upper east tn. that has produced bad teams year after year. Politics 100%. We call them "Good ole" Boys". They finally overcame it in Greeneville and Elizabethton and you see what's happened. Go figure. Actually since the year 2000 DB has had a state championship capable team 3 times. Two of those teams lost in the semis to lesser teams because of some of the worst coaching known to man. The loss to Red Bank and the loss to Riverdale. The third loss was to Maryville in 2012. I believe DB had the better athletes that year but were badly outcoached by the Maryville staff. There has always been a lot of talk about DB wins only because they play a weak schedule of bad upper east tn. teams. There really isn't anything to back that up. If you remember the Big East Conference it was made up mostly of Knoxville area teams and DB and Science Hill. DB did very well in the conference, winning the title every year except one. And even now DB has done very well against teams in the Knoxville area that are not named Maryville or Alcoa. Which is also everybody else's problem. DB is missing a couple of pieces to the puzzle. If they find those pieces it will be by chance, not brains. 

Waco when I see you on here I can't ever forget when your former coach retired and mentioned you as possible replacement on the news. If Coach T ever has a Hall of Fame of Posters your a clinch to get in on the first vote for that. I hope The Word of the day for William Blount at least gets me an honorable mention.

• Thanks 1

On 10/30/2021 at 11:53 AM, DBGRAD70 said:

I saw 'em last night in person (sadly).  A complete embarrassment - both DB and SH. Stupid penalties. Awful coaching. Total train wreck. I don't think either team will make it through round 1. The "crowd" from Kpt will only be football parents. Not even any band parents.

I'm not a parent and I will be there... granted, I may be the only one, but still... Lol

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Waco when I see you on here I can't ever forget when your former coach retired and mentioned you as possible replacement on the news. If Coach T ever has a Hall of Fame of Posters your a clinch to get in on the first vote for that. I hope The Word of the day for William Blount at least gets me an honorable mention.

Barn eye weal seccund thait emoshun.....Waco iz a goodur one....Scroll up two 50 seccunds.....:popcorneater:

https://www.wjhl.com/sports/dobyns-bennett-head-coach-graham-clark-announces-retirement/

• Like 1

21 hours ago, blazer1set said:

I don't disagree with most of this article regarding DB, but using points allowed in region games as a tie breaker is very flawed too.  First team defenses would rarely come of the field in region games no matter the score.  If 2nd team defenses were inserted into a lopsided game and the opponent was about to score, the 1st team defense would get reinserted to keep points allowed to a minimum. 

Edited by OldRebel2
  • Upvote 1